If you have zest and enthusiasm about completing your dreams, then the RATT Postgraduate Bursaries program is a wonderful opportunity for you to reach your goals at Rhodes University.
Worthy opportunity for high achieving candidates
User Review( votes)
Rhodes University is the province’s oldest university, and it is the fifth or sixth oldest South African university in continuous operation. It was founded in 1904 and now situated as a public research university in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa.
Why at Rhodes University? At this university, the candidates will learn from the best university teachers who are devoted to helping candidates in building a bright future and creating a positive impact on society through their education.
- University or Organization: Rhodes University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Honours, Masters, and Doctor course
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Offline
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: South Africa
- The program can be taken in South Africa
- Application Deadline: October 15, 2019
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: South African citizens and permanent residents followed by the participants from the SKA Africa partner countries (Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Zambia) are eligible
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Available for undertaking an Honour, Masters, or a doctoral degree program within the Department of Physics & Electronics at the university.
- Admissible Criteria: Interested candidates must have a strong academic record in one or preferably more of the following subjects: astronomy, computing science, mathematics and/or applied mathematics, physics, statistics, signal processing.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The participants are suggested to take place in honour, master or a doctoral degree program at the university.
- After that, prepare a motivational letter, detailed curriculum vitae, and copies of all academic transcripts and details of three referees. It should be submitted by email to Prof O.Smirnov, [email protected]
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked to have their referees e-mail their reference letters to the same address at a later date.
- Language Requirement: Having good English language proficiency is important for undertaking higher studies.
The value of funding is as follows-
- Honours (1 year): R140 000
- Masters (2 years duration): R134 000 p.a., plus R26 000 one-off equipment award, plus R28 000 p.a. travel grant
- Doctoral (3 years duration): R155 000 p.a., plus R38 000 one-off equipment fund, plus R34 000 p.a. travel grant