The Vienna Doctoral School (VDS Physics) is open calls for PhD Fellowships in various different research groups working in experimental, theoretical or computational physics.
This program is available to international students who want to pursue a PhD degree at the university. All VDS students and fellows are encouraged to work towards completing the PhD degree within the 1+3 years.
Nic one to do PhD in Austria.
User Review( votes)
Located in Austria, the Vienna Doctorate School in Vienna provides internationally competitive doctoral training in the major research areas of the Faculty of Physics at the University of Vienna.
Why at Vienna Doctoral School in Physics? The VDS offers various research opportunities for the student’s academic progress and scientific achievements. Students will have the opportunity to participate in transferable skills training and career development.
- University or Organization: Vienna Doctoral School in Physics
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD program
- Award: Some travel grants
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International students
- Program can be taken in Austria
- Application Deadline: Ongoing. The deadline of this program is early December, March, June, and September.
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Programs are awarded in experimental, theoretical or computational physics.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must have a master’s degree to apply for the award. Students accepted to the VDS need to follow the enrollment procedures for all doctoral students at the University of Vienna.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Before applying for this program, applicants need to take admission in the PhD degree program at Vienna Doctoral School. After taken admission, they can submit the application by using this link application form.
- Supporting Documents: There is no need of supporting documents.
- Admission Requirements: For the admission, you will need an average better than 1.5 on the courses and get the best possible average grade (1) from the referees for both the thesis and the defense (see univie.ac.at/studienrect §18 Abs 3, German only).
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Benefits: The program will provide some travel grants to support students attending international conferences and summer schools.