Every year Google offers the Venkat Memorial Scholarships to 6 students from India pursuing computer science or a closely related field. These opportunities are awarded to students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in any college/university in India for the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 academic years.
Venkat Panchapakesan was a former Google employee and a highly respected engineer. He fought cancer and passed away too young, after which Google dedicated a award in his name which focuses on encouraging people in the field of computer science.
User Review( votes)
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: June 15, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available for students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related field.
- Award: Selected students will receive
A financial award of 750 USD towards tuition and education-related expenses
An invitation to visit the YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, California, USA.
An opportunity to submit a proposal, and potentially receive a funding of up to 225 USD to spend on growing computer science in the local community.
- Nationalities: Indian students are eligible to apply.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in India
- Eligible Countries: Indian students are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in any college/university in India for the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 academic years.
Be pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related field.
Note: The Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial award is a one-time funding. While past applicants are encouraged to reapply, unfortunately, past recipients of any Google scholarship, including the Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship, are not eligible to apply.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply:
- Write an essay (300 words maximum) to tell us about the following:
How do you plan to use computer science to make the world a more sustainable place?
If you receive this application , how will you use it to advance your passion and the goals of this application ?
- Write an essay (250 words maximum) to tell us about the following: What adversity have you faced, and how did it impact your career? Please explain the steps you took to overcome it. Submit a video (1-minute maximum) telling us why you would like to receive this application . Please upload it to YouTube and share the link in the application.
- Submit your resume/CV. Be sure to include your experience in the area of computer science, as well as your leadership experiences and the impact you have created.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation. They can be from your faculty or supervisors at your workplace (internship, part-time job, full-time job).