Planning to support global students who want to pursue higher studies in New Zealand, the University of Waikato is establishing the Vice Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship for Vietnam for the academic year 2023-2024.
The University of Waikato will award this scholarship to Vietnamese students undertaking any Undergraduate, Postgraduate (Taught), or Postgraduate (Research) degree in any field of choice at the University. The students who demonstrate academic excellence will be considered for this tuition fee scholarship worth NZD$ 15,000.
Wonderful opportunity for Vietnam students to get an award amount of Up to NZD$15,000 for the study program in New Zealand.
User Review( votes)
The University of Waikato is a general research university in Hamilton, New Zealand, founded in 1964. The university is an internationally acknowledged institute and presently ranks at the 331st position in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at the University of Waikato? The University of Waikato stands on the global stage as a future-focused, global education provider and an active player in international research. The university integrates the creation of new learning through research, scholarship, and innovative works with the dissemination of knowledge through its teaching, publication, and performance for the usefulness of the community.
Application Deadline: Applications for 2023 can be submitted at any time
- University or Organization: University of Waikato
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate (Taught), Postgraduate (Research)
- Award: Up to NZD$15,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: Students from Vietnam are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded to an Undergraduate, Postgraduate (Taught), or Postgraduate (Research) in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Candidates must be citizens or permanent residents of Vietnam.
- Students are applying to enroll full-time in an undergraduate or postgraduate program as new international students at the University of Waikato.
- They have received a conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato (including a pathway offer for a degree packaged with the Certificate of Attainment in the English Language; the Certificate of Attainment in Foundation Studies; Certificate of University Preparation; International Diploma (Business); International Diploma (Computer Science) or Diploma of Postgraduate Preparation (Pre-Masters)) at the University of Waikato).
- They have a minimum GPA-equivalency of B+ in the qualification used to gain entrance to the University of Waikato.
- Students are not currently enrolled at the University of Waikato in any undergraduate or postgraduate program and have not paid fees at the time of application.
- Students are not coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body.
- Students are not coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can sign up on the university portal and submit their admission applications. All eligible candidates will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Reference letters
- Personal essays
- Research proposals
- Copies of official academic transcripts
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the course-specific entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the English language requirements of the university. TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, and many more tests are accepted at the University of Waikato.
The University of Waikato will award the selected candidates scholarships are tuition fee credits and have a value of up to NZD$15,000 for undergraduate students and up to NZD$15,000 for postgraduate students, and are awarded to applicants who have demonstrated excellent academic achievement.