Victoria University of Wellington is offering various awards for New Zealand and international students. These awards are available for pursuing Graduate programme for the year 2020.
The main objective of the university is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible with the changing needs of the students.
It’s a right-minded choice to get study in New Zealand.
User Review( votes)
Victoria University has a tradition of fostering strong global links in teaching and research and programmes of national significance and international quality.
As a principal applicant, applicants must provide a recent International English Language Testing System (IELTS) certificate where they gained an overall band score of 4 (or 3 if applying under Investor 2) or over in the IELTS General or Academic Module.
- Application Deadline: November 1, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarship is awarded for pursuing Graduate programme.
- Study Subject: award is available to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Award: These awards consist of domestic tuition fees payable for the nominated degree programme up to the value of $5,000. Graduate Awards are awarded solely on the basis of academic merit.
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: New Zealand and international students
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: New Zealand and international students can apply for these awards.
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this application
- The intended programme must include at least 90 points of coursework at either 400 or 500 level.
- These opportunities are not available for post-experience or vocational master’s degrees e.g. MBA, MLIS MMIS nor to students intending to embark on the fourth year of a four year undergraduate degree programme e.g. LLB, BTech, BEng.
- Postgraduate Diploma study will only be considered if it is recognized as Part 1 of a two year Masters course.
- Applicants are expected to have achieved at least an A grade average (GPA 8.0) over 72 points at 300-level or above. At least 60 of these points must be in their nominated major or, for a major that requires less than 60 points, the additional points must be in a 300 level subject either in their major or in a related subject.
- Victoria Graduate Awards shall be awarded solely on the basis of academic merit by the University Research Scholarships Committee.
- Applicants are expected to have achieved a minimum A grade average (GPA 8.0) over 75 points at 300-level or above. At least 60 of these points must be in their nominated major or, for a major that requires fewer than 60 points, the additional points must be in a 300 level subject related to their major.
- These opportunities are awarded based on the funds available determining the final minimum GPA requirement in any one year.
- Holding a Victoria Graduate Award is conditional upon the program recipient gaining enrolment in their intended Honours or Masters programme.
- The Awards are for domestic tuition fees only whilst studying at Victoria University of Wellington and are not available for field trips or exchanges.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants may be able to show that they have an English speaking background if they have been in skilled employment in New Zealand and have been for at least 12 months or they can show:
-completed primary and at least three years’ secondary schooling at schools using English
-completed at least five years’ secondary schooling at schools using English
-completed a tertiary course of three years or more at institutions using English.
- An online application will be available approximately one month before the closing date.
* Enrolling as an Honours or Masters student and applying for a Victoria Graduate Award are two separate processes. The holding of a Victoria Graduate Award is conditional upon the program recipient gaining enrollment into their intended Honours or Masters programme.