Each year, five George Alexander Foundation scholarships are offered to encourage study in an undergraduate course that potentially leads to a community-focused career.
The scholarship supports young people with academic ability, leadership potential and a commitment to their community to achieve their full academic and leadership potential.
Worthy offer for applicants
User Review( votes)
Victoria University is an Australian public university based in Melbourne, Victoria. It is a dual-sector tertiary institution providing courses in both higher education and Technical and Further Education.
- Application Deadline: February 7, 2020
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue an undergraduate degree.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarship is valued at $7500 per year over three years (total $22,500).
- Nationality: This scholarship is open to Australian citizens or those who have permanent residence status.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is open to Australian citizens or those who have permanent residence status.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students commencing their first undergraduate degree program at Victoria University
- Year 12 school leavers and students who are returning to study aged between 18 – 25 years old
- Applicants who have been accepted into a full time undergraduate academic program
- Applicants who have attained a minimum ATAR score of 75
- Applicants who complete the scholarship application in full and lodge it by the advertised closing date with the specified University office
- Australian citizens or have permanent residence status.
How to Apply: Please provide the following documentation in support of your application:
- Application form
- A Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- Attach a typed personal statement (800-1000 words) addressing the following criteria:
- Your academic standing
- The measure of leadership and leadership potential demonstrated in your academic and personal life
- The level and quality of community participation undertaken by you (including volunteering, work history, sporting and other community activities undertaken in/outside of school)
- The reasons for selecting the particular program of study in which you are enrolled and your long-term goals as a result of this study
- The degree to which the scholarship would enable you to best meet your educational and employment goals (what would it mean for you to receive a George Alexander Foundation scholarship?)
- Attach two referee reports (written in the last 2 years) to support your application.
Please remember to include the title/position of your referees. They must also be from different organisations
- Academic reference – from a person qualified to comment on your academic studies, preferably a subject coordinator from your secondary school and/or your school principal
- Character reference – from a person competent to supply a character reference (for example, a person with whom you have undertaken volunteer work or community activities or a current or past employer) outlining your suitability for the scholarship. This statement cannot be written by someone related to you.