Applications are being accepted from Vietnamese candidates for the Vingroup program for the academic years 2020-2021 and 2021-2022. With this program, Vietnamese have an opportunity to study in one of more than 50 targeted universities in 9 countries.
Vingroup will offer up to 100 fully-funded positions per year supports applicants who intend to pursue masters and PhD degree programs in selected STEM fields, such as Biology, Applied Biology, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.
User Review( votes)
VinUniversity is the first private Vietnamese university, established based on international standards. The goal of the program is to produce graduates and research that contribute to developing the key economic sectors of Vietnam.
- University: Vin University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master’s and PhD
- Award: Full tuition fee
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 100
- Nationality: Vietnamese students
- The award can be taken in Vietnam
- Eligible Countries: Only Vietnamese students are eligible to apply for this opportunity.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Master’s and PhD degree program available in selected STEM fields, such as Biology, Applied Biology, Computer Science, Engineering, and find more here.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Not over 30 at the start date of the intended Master’s program and not over 35 at the start date of the intended PhD program;
- Having an educational background that matches or relates to the intended field of study. College graduate with at least a Bachelor’s degree or college juniors (3rd or 4th year) or seniors (final year students), who will graduate with such a degree by their departure to attend the master’s or doctoral degree programs overseas;
How to Apply
Before starting the application for the award, applicants are required to get admitted to an eligible graduate degree program from at least one of shortlisted universities. After being enrolled, students will be received a full-ride Vingroup scholarship.
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the award, candidates should apply online via https://scholarships.vinuni.edu.vn/scholarship/account/ only online applications are accepted.
- Admission Requirements: GPA of the undergraduate degree in the relevant programs must be at least 7/10 or equivalent.
- Language Requirement: Candidates can provide evidence of English language proficiency through the submission of one of the following proofs:
|TOEFL||Candidates must have TOEFL iBT score of at least 60
Note: The TOEFL certificate must still be valid at the application deadline.
|IELTS||Candidates must have IELTS score of at least 6.0
Note: The IELTS certificate must still be valid at the application deadline. Only the Academic IELTS is accepted.
|Degree from an English-speaking country||If applicants are studying or have completed an undergraduate degree or a graduate degree from one of these English-speaking countries: the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom (Britain, Ireland, Scotland or Wales), or Singapore then the applicants do not need to submit an IELTS or TOEFL certificate.|
- Tuition fee: All tuition fee for the standard duration of study determined by the host universities that admit the students;
- Monthly stipend/Monthly salary: This is to cover the monthly living expenses/stipends, 12 months per year. The amount of monthly living stipend/monthly salary depends on each university’s regulations for the standard rate for an international student at each level;
- An economy return airfare: A round-trip, economy air ticket from Vietnam to the host university abroad at the beginning and at the end of the degree program;
- Visa: Cost of the actual visa application, if any. This does not include transportation, lodging, or other expenses related to the process of getting one’s visa;
- Health insurance: Required student health insurance for the standard duration of the degree program;
- One-time allowances: Including settling-in allowance and reintegration after graduation and return to Vietnam;
- Other benefits and support when becoming a scholarship recipient: Scholarship recipients of the Vingroup program will receive maximal support in the process of applying for admission at the targeted universities. Candidates who pass the interview are entitled to receive a letter of recommendation from professors in the Scholarship Selection Committee as well as a Financial Support Letter from the program. These are two very important documents that help the candidates to increase their chances of being accepted by the Targeted Universities.
- Scholarship recipients will join the network of Vingroup Scholars and will receive support throughout the study program and after graduation in various forms such as receiving information about employment, internship or research collaboration opportunities.
- Process 1: For applicants who have already obtained letters of admission to study a Master’s/PhD program in AY 2020/21 in a supported area at a university from the list of Targeted Universities. Deadline: 6:00 PM, April 15, 2020 (Vietnam Time)
- Process 2: For applicants who have not been accepted to study a Master’s/PhD program at any of the targeted universities and choose to apply for the opportunity before applying for admission to study in AY 2021/22.Deadline: 6:00 PM, May 30, 2020 (Vietnam Time)