Want to conduct your research studies abroad? The Vrije Universiteit Brussels has just the chance for you! You can now apply for the International PhD Scholarships ‘Database Interoperability and European Security Politics (DATAUNION ERC)’ for studies in the academic year 2023-2024.
Students from abroad and within Belgium can apply. Applicants will be deemed eligible if they have a qualification and background in International Relations, EU studies, Surveillance Studies, Science and Technology Studies, Media Studies, Design, or other relevant disciplines and knowledge or experience with fieldwork research. Winners selected can expect full coverage from travel expenses to insurance.
Nice chance for international applicants to study in Belgium with Vrije Universiteit Brussels.
User Review( votes)
The Vrije Universiteit Brussels is a Dutch and English-speaking research university located in Brussels, Belgium, that was founded in 1970. The university is now highly spoken about among not just national but also international students and ranks 292nd in Best Global Universities and 251st in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at the Vrije Universiteit Brussels? The Vrije Universiteit Brussels, a research-based university, strives to deliver an active, committed contribution to a better society. The university is also committed to providing quality research with a strong local base and make an active contribution to a better society: through research, education, and social projects.
Application Deadline: Applications received any later than 24th February 2023 will not be accepted.
- University or Organization: Vrije Universiteit Brussels
- Department: Faculty of Law and Criminology
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Full Reimbursement and More
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Home
- The award can be taken in Belgium
- Eligible Countries: Students from all over the world can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD programme offered at the Faculty of Law and Criminology, Department Metajuridica, Vrije Universiteit Brussels can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must come from a background in International Relations, EU studies, Surveillance Studies, Science and Technology Studies, Media Studies, Design or other relevant disciplines.
- The applicants must have a strong interest for European security and border policies and the relation between technologies of surveillance and fundamental rights.
- The applicants must have experience with qualitative methods.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can start their admission applications here. Students who are further interested in applying for the scholarship must complete a separate scholarship application form by logging in here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Letter of motivation
- One writing sample
- Highest degree attained
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a Master’s degree and a background in International Relations, EU studies, Surveillance Studies, Science and Technology Studies, Media Studies, Design or other relevant disciplines.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must be fully fluent in English and have excellent academic writing skills. Applicants who also have knowledge of other official European languages could be at an advantage.
The candidates selected by the Vrije Universiteit Brussels to be awarded this full-time PhD scholarship for 12 months will also be provided the following:
- Full reimbursement for home-work commute with public transport according to VUB policy, or compensation if travelling by bike
- Cost-free hospitalization insurance
- The space to form job content and continuously learn via VUB LRN
- Excellent facilities for sports and exercise
- Delicious meals at attractive prices in our campus restaurants
- An open, family-friendly work environment where attention is paid to work-life balance and exceptional holiday arrangements with 35 days of leave (based on a full-time contract).