The EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation is awarding Training Programme for EU/COSME Students. This programme is financed by the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation and the Japanese host company. There is no charge for the language course and seminar, and accommodation is provided free of charge during the course and seminar and the company traineeship.
The aim of the scholarship is to study the range of advanced technologies employed by a leading Japanese host company.
User Review( votes)
The EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation is a unique venture between the European Commission and the Japanese Government. It is a non-profit organisation established as an affiliate of the Institute of International Studies and Training (IIST.
- Application deadline: January 20, 2018
- Course Level: The programme is available to pursue a one-week seminar on Japan, a four-month intensive Japanese language course, and then an eight-month traineeship in a Japanese company
- Study Subject: The programme is awarded in the field of engineering.
- Scholarship Award: The EU / COSME students are awarded a grant (Yen 1.900.000) to cover the cost of travel to and from Japan and living expenses in Japan. There is no charge for the language course and seminar, and accommodation is provided free of charge during the course and seminar and the company traineeship.
- Nationality: Applicants must be of an EU Member-State or a COSME partnering country.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants must be of an EU Member-State or a COSME partnering country.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Citizen of an EU Member-State or a COSME partnering country.
- a student of engineering or science at an EU / COSME university enrolled –at the moment of application– in between the 4th official year of studies and the penultimate year of PhD.**
- Able to provide a certificate of enrollment at the university valid until at least 3 months prior to the starting of the programme
- Non-EU? Please check if your country has joined COSME and the agreement is “in force”. Then you can apply. (See here the status of your country & of the country of your university.)
- Computer science, science engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical, electronics, biotechnology, electrical engineering, physics, telecommunication, nuclear engineering, civil engineering, metal materials, ceramics, production system.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university.
- Applicants can apply via online mode.
How to Apply:
- Application Form
- Letter explaining why you wish to take part
- Letter of recommendation
- List of all your University grades
- 6 System of grading at your University
- Certificate of enrolment at y