The Water Research Australia Limited (WaterRA) is inviting applications for PhD & Masters Scholarships for Domestic and International students. Bringing together universities, students and water utilities, WaterRA supports the training of young industry professionals to help build long term operational excellence.
The Program aims to build capacity and capability in high quality research to support the Australian water community and facilitate knowledge transfer and uptake of research.
User Review( votes)
Water Research Australia Limited (WaterRA) is a not-for-profit company, established and funded by its members, to build capacity and undertake national collaborative research on issues relevant to urban, regional and rural water utilities.
- Applications Deadline: October 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to study Master as well as PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Bringing together universities, students and water utilities, WaterRA supports the training of young industry professionals to help build long term operational excellence. The program enables graduates to carry out research through student projects with the aim of encouraging participants to:
- Select the water industry as a career path
- Enhance skills
- Improve decision-making skills
- Improve knowledge
- Hands-on experience – labs, the field etc
- Evolving from the CRC for Water Quality and Treatment Education and Training Program (CRCWQT) the initiative has delivered 90 per cent of its graduates into employment across the water industry.
- Scholarship Award:
|PhD||Masters by Research|
|Stipend||$5,000 pa||$5,000 pa|
|Period||3 years||2 years|
|Conference support||National and international||National|
- Nationality: This scholarship is available for Domestic and international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for Domestic and international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Domestic and international PhD students (students must apply for and subsequently secure an RTS, IPRS or equivalent Australian primary scholarship).
PhD Scholarships are awarded to students with exceptional research potential undertaking a higher degree by research. The student is to demonstrate initiative and have an interest in the water sector. This opportunity will provide students the opportunity to enhance their research skills and offers professional development in a wide range of water industry related areas.
Masters Scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate initiative and an interest in the water sector. Masters by Research projects train students in the analysis of relevant literature and materials, the application of research methodology/ techniques and subsequent evaluation. This initiative is intended to support students who, on completion of their Masters Degree, would be prepared to enter the water industry or progress to a post graduate degree in a water-related field of research.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Student applications are to be emailed to Research Capability Manager.
Essential Criteria for Student Applications must:
- Ensure academic transcript and CV is attached as one document
- Referees have been notified. Preference is for academic or employer supervisor referees
- Have contacted project supervisor to ensure your suitability to the project requirements
- Ensure content of application includes work experience and skills/study which relate to the project requirements
- Demonstrate your motivation to be involved in the water industry
- Your application will receive a score based on
- a) academic record
b) quality of written application
c) skills/study match to the project requirements
d) interview (if applicable)
All PhD applicants shortlisted for an interview will be in consideration for the Nancy Millis Memorial PhD Scholarship. This is in addition to the PhD Scholarship Package.
Download the Student Application Form
Download the Student Project Initiation Form
Email completed application to Research Capability Manager