JAMS Foundation is inviting applications for the international fellowship program to study dispute resolution processes and practices in the U.S. in order to advance the resolution of disputes in applicant’s home countries.
The Fellowship Program is designed to be flexible and open to innovation, and applicants are encouraged to be creative in pursuing activities in the U.S. that will serve to expand the use of ADR in their home countries.
A fine chance to get four months of a fellowship program with $20,000 in the USA.
User Review( votes)
JAMS, the nation’s premier provider of commercial dispute resolution services, established the non-profit JAMS Foundation to provide financial assistance for conflict resolution initiatives with national and international impact and to share its dispute resolution experience and expertise for the benefit of the public interest.
University or Organization: JAMS Foundation
Course Level: Four months of a fellowship program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Students may not be citizens of the United States.
The program can be taken in the USA
Application Deadline: November 15, 2019
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this application :
- Applicants may not be citizens of the United States.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
- Proposed Fellowship must be one month to four months in duration.
- Preference for proposals that would help establish viable dispute resolution systems or change how disputes are resolved.
- Fellowships are awarded to study dispute resolution processes and practices in the U.S. in order to advance the resolution of disputes in applicant’s home countries.
- Preference for applicants with experience as judges, lawyers, law professors, court administrators, government officers, or ADR practitioners.
- Preference for applicants able to commence their Fellowship with the annual gathering of Fellows in the San Francisco Bay area in early September 2019.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Electronic submissions should be sent via email to Ellen Bass, Weinstein JAMS Fellowship Program Director, at ebass-at-jamsfoundation.org. Click to download the Fellowship application form in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- English Language Requirements: In order to be eligible for the fellowship, applicants must be fluent in English.
Benefit: The JAMS Foundation will approve Fellowships of up to $20,000 in support of projects outlined by Fellowship applicants.