The University of Leicester is offering a Wellcome Trust 4 Year PhD Studentship for the academic year 2019-20. The studentship is open for UK/EU and International students to undertake research in the areas of Genomic Epidemiology and Public Health Genomics.
This is a brand new program for Leicester, with support from the Wellcome Trust, which can support up to eight students per year (5 intakes). It also offers a wide range of skills development, both subject-specific and career-enhancing.
Valuable chance for UK/EU and International students.
User Review( votes)
The University of Leicester is a leading university committed to international excellence, world-changing research, and high quality, inspirational teaching.
Why study at the University of Leicester? As a world-class research-intensive university, Leicester delivers teaching and facilitates the learning of the highest quality. The University also provides various pathways for career advancement and professional development for the students.
Application Deadline: December 5, 2019
- University or Organization: University of Leicester
- Department: Health Sciences Genetics Cardiovascular Sciences Leicester Law School Molecular and Cell Biology
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £19,919
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK/EU and International students are eligible to apply for the awards.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Studentships are awarded in the areas of Genomic Epidemiology and Public Health Genomics.
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants should hold or expect to hold a UK Bachelor Degree with 2:1 honors or better or an overseas equivalent or Masters Degree in a relevant subject.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All applicants should apply using the Apply Now link at the bottom of the page.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must have to submit a current CV, applicant statement (maximum 700 words), referee contact details in the section provided, and upload copies of your degree certificates and transcripts.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants are required to meet the entry requirements of the PhD degree program.
- Language Requirement: In addition to the academic entry requirements, you will also need to satisfy the English language entry requirements. You will have satisfied university English language entry requirements if you are a national of one of these countries and have completed your secondary or university education in one of the listed countries and your teaching was in English.
Stipend for the PhD: Year 1 £19,919; Year 2 £21,542; Year 3 £23,298; Year 4 £23,997.