The Miami HEAT Charitable Fund and BankUnited are offering five scholarship opportunities to high school seniors who excel in academics & community service and have a financial need.
Beneficial option to get a $5000 award for a four-year college education.
User Review( votes)
The primary goal of the HEAT Academy is to offer financially disadvantaged students who are at risk of educational failure or juvenile delinquency with a program of after-school tutoring and educational enrichment.
Application Deadline: January 25, 2020
- Provided By: Miami HEAT Charitable Fund and BankUnited
- Course Level: High school study courses
- Award: $25,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 5
- Nationality: U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- The award can be taken in the United States
To be considered for any of our five HEAT Awards, applicants must check all the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicant must be a high school student enrolled in a Miami-Dade, Broward, Monroe or Palm Beach County public or private school.
- Applicant must have an unmet financial need for assistance as determined by the university’s Financial Aid Office.
- Applicant must be accepted to and enroll in a four year accredited college or university in the USA.
How to Apply
To Apply: Applicants are required to download an application form.
Completed applications must postmark with all materials to: Miami HEAT Scholarships, C/O Leon Bichachi, Miami HEAT, 601 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33132
- Supporting Documents: Applicant must submit all the following:
- An official transcript from the high school registrar
- A copy of their SAT and/or ACT score,
- Two letters of recommendation,
- Two or more letters from a community-based organization
- One (1) letter from High School Athletic Director or Coach,
- A copy of the letter of acceptance to the four-year accredited college or university
- To prove a financial need, submit a copy of the household’s W2 form(s) and a copy of the last tax filing (i.e. 1040 form) for all household members
- Prepare a personal statement of at least 500 words or more on those essay topics as outlined in the application form.
- Entry Requirement: Applicant must have a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.2 by the end of the first grading period of their senior year.
The Miami HEAT Charitable Fund and BankUnited are offering a total $25,000 award as the following:
- Three (3) $5,000.00 HEAT Scholarships
- One (1) $5,000.00 Dr. Jack Ramsay Scholarship
- One (1) $5,000.00 Alec Kessler Student-Athlete Scholarship
Note: Awards will be applied towards the winners’ first-year college tuition in the fall of 2020. Winners will get an award based on excellent academic performance and outstanding community service.