The Western Australian Government is accepting applications for the PhD program of the Minerals Research Institute. MRIWA provides PhD research scholarships each year for new projects aligning with MRIWA’s Research Priority Plan (RPP).
The programs are open to both international and domestic candidates. The purpose of the program is to attract the world’s brightest academics to work on projects that address priority issues in the sector.
Great offer to get a PhD in Australia with $30,000 study fund.
User Review( votes)
The Institute of Mineral Research of Western Australia (MRIWA), established by the Government of Western Australia, is a globally competitive mineral industry in Western Australia. The institute is able to collaborate with local, Australian and worldwide research and scientific institutes.
Application Deadline: 31 October 2020
- University or Organization: Minerals Research Institute of Western Australia (MRIWA)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $30,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from all over the world as well as Australia
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: Both international and domestic candidates are welcome to apply.
- Female candidates from across the world are eligible to apply
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Individuals are first required to enrol in a doctoral research degree at your preferred university. You must receive and accept an enrolment offer from the University for a Research Degree first before applying to MRIWA for a scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: Once you receive your offer from your university, provide an Expression of Interest (EOI) to MRIWA. Your EOI must include the following and send [email protected]
- Section A – Personal details: Applicant name, Nationality, Contact details: residential address, telephone and email, IELTS (or equivalent) documentation, where applicable
- Section B – Relevant qualifications: Research credentials including details on qualifications and awards/recognition received, Summary of related professional experience, if any, Two (2) signed references from academics familiar with your research to date
- Section C – MRIWA Scholarship Categories: Which opportunities are being applied for (i.e. Odwyn Jones Scholarship or MRIWA Research funding for Women), Statement of Intent for interest in MRIWA scholarship
- Section D – Research proposal: Letter of offer from university, Research proposal title, Research proposal overview (max. 50 words), Proposed academic supervisors and signed endorsement from them of the proposal, University Faculty, Research proposal detail including, research problem, objectives, methodology and project plan outlining timeframes, Demonstration how the research proposal: aligns to MRIWA’s RPP (max. 50 words); will provide benefit to WA (max 100 words)
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have proficiency in the English language (writing, reading, speaking)
Each scholar is given $30,000 a year over three years. The MRIWA will provide the following:
- Odwyn Jones scholarship: Value of no less than $30,000 annually
- MRIWA research funding for women: Value of no less than $30,000 annually