The Department of Science and Innovation (DSI) and the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is welcoming participants to join the DST-CSIR Inter-Bursary Support program for funding their higher studies in South Africa.
The main purpose of this free education program is to support high achieving South African and International participants to pursue Honours, master, or a PhD degree program at any South African public university.
The outstanding study program for International and South African candidates
User Review( votes)
The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research is known as CSIR. It is a world-class African research and development organization which was founded by an Act of Parliament in 1945.
Why at this educational award? This educational opportunity is giving students a chance to complete their higher education at a reputable South African university with a good amount of funding. The fund will be beneficial to cover study or other expenses.
- University or Organization: The Department of Science and Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Honours, Masters or PhD program
- Award: R75 000, R100 000, or R130 000
- Access Mode: Email
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: South Africa and International
- The program can be taken in South Africa
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2019
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: South Africa and international participants are allowed to join.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The participants can pursue an honour or a BTech degree program in the following fields-
- Science, engineering and technology. For example- Biotechnology and related majors, Chemistry, Computer science, Data science or ICT-related majors, Engineering and related majors, Health (biochemistry, microbiology, pharmaceutical sciences, biomedical sciences, etc.), Information systems, Mathematics/applied maths/statistics, and Physics.
- Also a master or PhD degree in the following areas-
- Aerospace, Biotechnology (biopharming, bioprocessing or biocatalysis), Composites, Health, Indigenous Knowledge Systems (IKS), Information and communications technology, Modeling, and digital sciences, Microsystems technology, Photonics, and Titanium (manufacturing elements of).
- Admissible Criteria: A participant must receive a place to study a degree program as a full-time student at any South African public university.
How to Apply
The application process has two steps-
- Enrollment at a university: The participants have to take admission in honours, BTech, master or a PhD degree program at any South African public university in the year 2020.
- Application for the Grant: After being successfully enrolled at a university, the participants are eligible to complete the Honours application or Masters or PhD application form. The form should be sent to [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The candidates have to attach a PDF file which contains a proof of South African identity document or passport (international candidates), official and certified degree transcripts, admission letter indicating full-time registration, and reference letters.
- Language Requirement: The participants should be very proficiency in the English language.
The award is differed according to the course-
- Honours R75 000
- Masters R100 000
- PhD R130 000
The education bursary amount is to be allocated to the student’s university account and will be allocated on a monthly or quarterly basis by the university to the student.