If you are thinking of starting a research degree then apply for higher degree research scholarships. Western Sydney University is obtaining applications from current and new students.
The program is a competitive offer that opens to all domestic and international students who want to complete their research program at Western Sydney.
A worthy offer for all students who want a research program with financial support.
User Review( votes)
The better your start, the more you will get out of your uni time. As a multi-campus university in Australia, WSU is a research institution driven by impact. The university offers a range of undergraduate, postgraduate and higher research degrees.
Why at Western Sydney University? Studying in WSU, give you diverse opportunities to build your future bright. As a WSU student, you become part of a dynamic, thriving and culturally rich community.
University or Organization: Western Sydney University
Department: Graduate Research School
Course Level: Research
Award: A stipend of $30,000 per annum for up to 3 years
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: Any Nationality
The program can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Domestic applicants (Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens and Australian Permanent Residents) and International applicants.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The award is open for a research program in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be living in Australia already and hold a valid visa which allows you to stay in Australia; or
- Already hold a visa which enables you to enter Australia and be able to travel to Australia to commence your studies by the date indicated above; or
- Be able to obtain a visa to enter Australia to commence your studies by the commencement date indicated above.
How to Apply
Awards are issued periodically throughout the year, and each release contains specific application dates and eligibility criteria. For taking this opportunity as a new applicant, you need to submit your application in two steps as the following:
- Step 1: Complete the Higher Degree Research application Form and submit it along with any supporting documentation. You must follow the instructions included in the form.
- Step 2: Review how to apply for research degrees page and follow the steps to apply for admission via the Online Application Portal.
- Supporting Documents: This applies to the application form, full bibliographic references, and evidence of publications, evidence of supervisory support and all other supporting documentation. Applicants must submit written evidence that a Western Sydney University academic has allowed being Principal Supervisor on the project.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must demonstrate prior research experience, either through an appropriate course of study and/or research output and experience.
- Language Requirement: You must have a good command on both the spoken and written English language.
- The university will provide research fund include a tax-free stipend of $30,000 per annum for up to 3 years.
- Domestic candidates will be awarded a Research Training Program (RTP) funded a place in the degree.
- International candidates will be awarded a tuition fee waiver and funding for a single person Overseas Student Health Care (OSHC) Policy.
Application Deadline: 5.00 pm (AEDT)
- 1 Release: Sunday, 29 March 2020
- 2 Release: Sunday, 14 June 2020
- 3 Release: Sunday, 11 October 2020