Applications are invited for Weston Brain Institute International Fellowships in Neuroscience for 2017-2018 academic year. Canadian Citizen or permanent residents are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
The goal is to build international collaborations, foster influential neuroscience research and bring enhanced research capabilities back to Canada.
User Review( votes)
GLSE encompasses two major education activities in the Faculty of Medicine – Graduate Education and Undergraduate Education in the Life Sciences including Arts and Science and other interdivisional teaching. GLSE also oversees the activities of the Department of Teaching Labs (DTL). GLSE advocates for graduate and undergraduate students and promotes innovative education in the heart of Canada’s largest health care research hub.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing research.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Neuroscience.
Award: The Fellowship will provide an award of $60,000 for each selected student (prorated as needed) for up to 3 Canadian graduate students from the University of Toronto conducting translational research in neurodegenerative diseases of aging.
The award can be taken in Canada
Eligibility: In order to be eligible, applicants must:
- Be willing to conduct translational research on neurodegenerative disease(s) of aging while studying abroad in a world class laboratory for up to one year beginning in the 2017–2018 school year.
- Translational research is defined to be applied research towards developing therapeutics for the prevention and/or treatment of human disease.
- Be registered as a full?time PhD student at U of T.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in Canada.
Nationality: Canadian Citizen or Permanent Residents are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
How to Apply: All applicants must complete the official application form. Completed applications will include the following:
- Completed and signed application form
- Includes a description of the research project to be conducted abroad and why you should be selected for this fellowship
- Transcripts from all attended universities (certified photocopies permitted)
- Letter of support from current supervisor
- Letter of support from receiving/hosting institution
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is March 1, 2017.