Applicants are invited from the UK and EU countries to apply for the White Rose Research Studentships offered by the University of Leeds.
The funding program assists outstanding students wishing to undertake a research postgraduate degree program at the university for 3 years.
Nice offer to EU & UK students.
User Review( votes)
Located in the heart of the UK, the University of Leeds is one of the largest higher education institutions consistently ranks highly in the UK league tables. It offers various programs at undergraduate and graduate level.
Why at the University of Leeds? The university provides a supportive environment where students can easily communicate with academic staff. Students have a range of flexible study options by which they can easily achieve career goals.
Application Deadline: Open
- University: University of Leeds
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Award: £15,285
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: UK and EU
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open to students from the UK or EU
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded for the given research projects Project 1 (School of Psychology, Primary Supervisor Liam Hill): Developing and evaluating Early Years policies and programs for supporting prematurely born children’s school readiness, health and wellbeing Project 2 (Leeds Institute of Health Sciences, Primary Supervisor Andrew Clegg): Development and testing of a prioritised intervention to build resilience and independence for older people living with frailty
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
Entry requirements vary from project to project based on the specific requirements of the research area. Please follow the link under ‘Linked project opportunities’ at the bottom of this page for information specific to your chosen project.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you are interested to apply for the award, then you should follow the given steps:
- Stage 1 – Applicants for study at the University of Leeds must first of all apply for the relevant research postgraduate programme to commence 1 October 2020 – clearly stating that the funding you wish to apply for is ‘White Rose Research Studentship’. Please include a copy of your CV, degree certificates and transcripts to support your application.
- Stage 2 – Once you are in receipt of your 9-digit Student ID Number, you should complete the online studentship application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit the required documents include degree certificate, academic transcripts, partial/interim transcripts and scanned copies of any UK visa/permits they currently hold or have previously held if they are applying as an international student.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates are required to meet the academic entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: English language requirements may vary from project to project. Please follow the link under ‘Linked project opportunities’ at the bottom of this page for information specific to your chosen project.
Benefits: Each studentship provides an annual maintenance grant in line with the UKRI rate (£15,285 in Session 2020/21) for up to 3 years.