The James P. Grant School of Public Health (JPGSPH) at BRAC University in Dhaka is inviting applications for WHO/TDR International Postgraduate funding for Masters of Public Health for the 2021-2020 academic year.
Students from Lower and Middle-income countries are eligible to apply for this application program. The goal of this scheme is to enhance graduate training capacity and boost the quality and number of researchers in LMICs.
BRAC James P Grant School of Public Health was founded in 2004 in Dhaka, Bangladesh to address the unmet public health challenges particular to Asia, Africa, and South America. The mission is to create innovative public health leaders and solutions through cutting-edge, experiential Education, Training, Research, and Advocacy.
University or Organization: The James P. Grant School of Public Health
Course Level: Master degree program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Students from Lower and Middle-income countries
The program can be taken in Bangladesh
Application Deadline: 31 July 2021
- Nationals/Residents from low- and middle-income countries (data.worldbank.org/ab out/country -and-lending-groups) of WHO South-East Asia and West Pacific regions.
- The studentships are awarded in the field of Public Health. This is a full-time program which promotes problem-based experimental learning. The training will focus on courses relevant to a career in implementation research.
- Applicant should normally be under 35 years of age
- Applicant must meet the following BRAC University requirements
- Applicant must submit a statement of purpose and letter of recommendation from the supervisor
- Bachelor and/or Masters degree(s) in social sciences including public health, medicine, nursing, midwifery, health sciences or equivalent disciplines
- Excellent academic track records with GPA 3 .0 or above
- Proficiency in Mathematics and oral and written English
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office, and data analysis skill
Nationality: Students from Lower and Middle income countries ( Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde* (Capo Verde), Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this application programme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students should submit their online applications for the MPH Programme at JPGSPH
- Supporting Documents: You are required to have scanned copies of the following documents in hand prior to starting the application process. Academic Certificate & transcript ( To be attested) Passport size photograph, International Applicants need to attest the documents by respective Ministry of Foreign Affairs/ concerned ministry, Bangladeshi students need to attest the documents by the GoB authorized persons, Signature, Application fee payslip ( For Bangladeshi Students: Taka 1500 at BRAC BANK Branches), Reference Letter, National ID card ( For Bangladeshi Students), Passport ( For International Students), Updated CV are required.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have Bachelor and/or Masters degree(s) in social sciences including public health, medicine, nursing, midwifery, health sciences or equivalent disciplines.
- Language Requirements: Applicants must have Proficiency in Mathematics and oral and written English.
Benefit: TDR scholarship covers:
- One return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Bangladesh;
- Tuition fees and a basic medical and accident insurance;
- Access to a laptop for the duration of the MPH Programme;
- Support for Summative Learning Project (SLP )