Join the William Morrow publicity team this summer as an intern! In this internship, you will be able to support the William Morrow, Dey Street Books, Avon and HarperVoyager imprints!
The HarperCollins Summer Internship Program is a paid 10-week program open to a rising senior, grad student, or graduate who have strong analytical reading, writing, and communication skills.
User Review( votes)
As a HarperCollins intern, you will work on a publishing project throughout the summer with your fellow interns and have the opportunity to present your findings to senior staff.
Field of Internship: Internship is available for Publicity Summer project
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: HarperCollins Publishers
An internship can be taken in the U.S.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Must be a rising senior, grad student, or graduate
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical reading and writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Is detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Public relations experience (classes/clubs/freelance work) a plus
- Passionate about publishing
Internship Open for International Students: No
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
- Program benefits include: Lunch
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer. You will learn about the entire publishing process – following one book from beginning to end while hearing from the people who worked on it in their weekly lunch and learn series (lunch is provided!).
There are plenty of opportunities to network including an icebreaker bowling trip, and the end of the program culminates with a presentation called “How to Get a Job in Publishing” – offering advice on your resume, cover letter, interview, and networking.
As an intern, your responsibilities are:
- Organizing press mailings and writing/developing press materials.
- Researching new media outlets for potential coverage.
- Assisting in compiling media lists for major event tour markets.
- Brainstorming media angles and hooks for successful media placements.
- Sending out e-mail pitches to various media contacts.
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
- The program is a paid 10-week program which runs from June 10 through August 15.
- All interns work Monday through Thursday, for a total of 28 hours per week.
Notification: Not given
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicants need to register with LinkedIn and must have a cover letter.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is Ongoing.