The new Wolfgang-Gentner fellowships are an offer for pursuing a doctoral program at CERN. Applicants from EU member states of CERN are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
CERN values its interaction with students and educators. A number of educational programmes, guided tours and summer schools are available for students and teachers, to help both groups learn more about CERN, particle physics and our place in the universe.
User Review( votes)
The aim of the program is to provide training to students from German universities in an international, first-class high-tech environment with close contacts to the industry.
Application Deadline: March 21, 2022 and October 17, 2022
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing a doctoral program at CERN.
- Scholarship Award: The participants of the doctoral program will receive a tax-free residence payment and other potential benefits such as family or child allowances in accordance with the performance of the CERN doctoral student programs.
- Nationality: Applicants from the EU Member States of CERN.
- Scholarship can be taken at Germany (national symposia) and home country (regular trips)
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from EU Member States of CERN (Austria; Belgium; Bulgaria; Czech Republic; Denmark; Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Hungary; Israel; Italy; Netherlands; Norway; Poland; Portugal; Slovak Republic; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland and United Kingdom) are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Fellowships are awarded for thesis in technical areas.
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this scholarship:-
- University degree with doctoral studies at the commencement at CERN
- National from one of the EU Member States of CERN
- Future doctoral studies at a German university
- Completed studies (master) with the right to do a doctorate when starting at CERN
- Very good academic performance with suitability for promotion
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the scholarships, candidates must have to submit an online application.
- Supporting Documents: All candidates will need to submit a CV, a copy of their most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your marks and a reference letter from your University Professor is mandatory. Should you have one from a previous internship you may add this as a second reference.
- Entrance Requirements: In order to be eligible applicants must have a university degree with doctoral studies at the commencement at CERN.
- English language Requirements: Applicants must have a good knowledge of English or French.
The participants of the doctoral program will receive a tax-free residence payment and other potential benefits such as family or child allowances in accordance with the performance of the CERN doctoral student programs.