Tuition fees for research studies can be difficult to arrange. Therefore, the Wolfson Foundation is offering Postgraduate Research International Scholarships in the Humanities for the academic session 2022-2023.
The funding award assists outstanding students wishing to undertake a postgraduate research degree programme in History, Literature, and Languages at the University of York. The main purpose of this programme is to provide tuition fees, £22,000 stipend, research and training costs for the needy students.
The University of York is ranked #260 in Best Global Universities. Wolfson Postgraduate Research International Scholarship is open for needy students at this university. It covers tuition fees, £22,000 stipend, research and training costs.
User Review( votes)
The University of York is a nationally and internationally renowned collegiate plate glass research university that provides gold-standard teaching and cutting-edge research. It now contains over thirty departments and centers that cover a wide range of topics.
Why study at the University of York? The university has always been committed to providing students with the necessary tools to make a difference in the world. Students are pushed and stretched in a supportive environment at this university through various options. They can choose from a wide range of over 300 professional courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The last date to submit online applications for this scholarship is 26 January 2022. After passing the date, applicants will not be considered for the opportunity.
- University or Organization: University of York
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Awards: Covers tuition fees, £22,000 stipend, research and training costs
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Three
- Nationality: International and UK/EU students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Doctoral research in three subject disciplines: History, Literature, and Languages.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have applied for, and ideally receive an offer of a place on, a PhD programme in the relevant department
- Expect to begin your PhD studies on 1 October 2022 (deferrals are not permitted)
- Have a First or 2:1 honours degree or equivalent prior to commencing the PhD
- Have completed a Masters-level qualification before commencing the PhD
- Have a research project that fits within at least one of the Wolfson Foundation’s Subject Disciplines of History, Languages, and Literature.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the scholarship, please submit an online application form for a PhD degree programme before the given deadline.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic transcripts
- Two references
- Research proposal
- Samples of written work
- Personal statement
- Admission Requirements: Students must have relevant qualifications, typically a bachelor’s and a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, then you must submit a copy of a recent English language test certificate or provide details of when you are going to take the test.
The University of York will provide an award amount of £30,250 each year (over three years) and covers:
- Tuition fees (at home/international rate; where an international student is awarded, the student’s department covers the difference between home and international fee rate)
- A maintenance stipend of around £22,000 per year
- Some research and training costs.