WAIis administrating the Women in Aviation funding for international applicants for the academic year 2020-21.
Awards are a major benefit of membership in Women in Aviation International and help members reach their goals and advance into the aviation and aerospace careers they have always dreamed about.
A fine program for applicants
User Review( votes)
A total of $948,500 of scholarship funds were awarded in 2021, including an additional $73,000 in June from an anonymous contributor. This brings the total scholarships awarded since 1995 to over $12 million.
Applicants must be a member of Women in Aviation International by November 1, 2021,
How to Apply
Please submit your application only when you have all of the necessary files ready. If a mailed application is required, submit your official WAI application form and all materials in the same envelope. For each award include two stapled complete application sets (one original and one copy) of the following information:
- two (one-page) recommendation letters
- a typed, descriptive 500-word essay
- two-page professional résumé
- copies of all aviation and medical certificates and the last three pages of your pilot logbook (if applying for flight scholarships).
- Other applicable information as requested for each specific award/grant/scholarship.
- A descriptive essay should address the following:
- your aviation history and goals
- what you have done for yourself to achieve your goals
- where you see yourself in five and 10 years
- how the scholarship will help you achieve your objective and your present financial need
- flight or other training/education for which you need assistance; how your previous training was financed
- educational scholarships, awards, and honors
- where you would obtain the training and the hourly rate for the instructor, aircraft, and simulators, or other costs if applying for a cash scholarship
- demonstrated involvement in aviation activities
- other applicable information as requested for each specific award/grant/scholarship
Application deadline: November 12, 2021