Applications are accepting from the female candidates to get a benefit for the Women in Seafaring Scholarship at the University of Tasmania. This program is offered by the National Centre for Ports and Shipping.
The award is open for international students for commencing their first year of studies in AMC MT Block 1 and AMC MT Block 3, 2020 in one of the given programs: Bachelor of Applied Science (Marine Engineering) – 23R and Bachelor of Applied Science (Nautical Science) – 23Q
Valuable opportunity to join a bachelor degree program.
User Review( votes)
The University of Tasmania has four colleges which offer various undergraduate and postgraduate programs in a range of disciplines. It provides on-campus accommodation to its students.
Why at the University of Tasmania? Students have many support services and lifestyle options by which they can easily access anything in their education life.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: University of Tasmania
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor degree
- Award: $2,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Overseas female candidates are eligible to join
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program will be awarded in Bachelor of Applied Science (Marine Engineering) and Bachelor of Applied Science (Nautical Science) at the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Students must have a high school certificate with an excellent academic record.
- Be classified as female and an International Student as defined under the rules of the University of Tasmania
- Have received and accepted an offer of a full-time, on-campus place in either the:
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Marine Engineering) – 23R
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Nautical Science) – 23Q
(this excludes Foundation Studies Program and English packaged offers);
- Be a commencing student with the University of Tasmania on the Launceston
- Campus (students entering with advanced standing for studies completed at another institution are not eligible for this bursary); pay the commencement fee outlined in their Letter of Offer and provide evidence of payment as set out in the Letter of Offer;
- Apply for accommodation with University of Tasmania Accommodation Services for
- On-campus accommodation in Investigator Hall, Kerslake Hall or Leprena.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the award, you should register yourself in an undergraduate degree at the university by using this International Student Application, there is no need to submit a separate application. Students are assessed automatically for the Women in Seafaring Scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The documentation is required to support your application. You should check and follow these documentation guidelines and all documents will attach with your application.
- Admission Requirements: Recipients are required to achieve a minimum Pass (4.0/7.0) result in all units studied each semester. All students wishing to study at the University Tasmania (UTAS) must meet the minimum academic entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: For those applicants who are nationals of and currently residing in a country where English is NOT the official language, evidence of an accepted English language test must be provided (such as IELTS, TOEFL or PTE).
The university will provide the following expenses:
- Recipients will receive one payment of $2,000 towards educational costs
- 100% on-campus accommodation costs for the first year (2 semesters) of study in Launceston