WomEng and the Royal Academy of Engineering are offering applications for the Africa Innovation Fellowship to develop the talent pipeline for future cohorts of the Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation.
Royal Academy of Engineering’s Africa Innovation Fellowship is a nine-month leadership and business development opportunity for female African innovators with an early-stage engineering innovation or startup.
User Review( votes)
WomEng is primarily an authentic value-driven organization for women in engineering by women engineers, who have developed the program to address the issues faced by women in the field of engineering.
Why you should apply at this University? The Royal Academy of Engineering is the UK’s national academy of engineering. The Academy’s activities in education and training tackle the strategic challenge of creating a system of engineering education and training.
- Application Deadline: April 1, 2021
- Course Level: The fellowship open for any degree level program
- Award: The fellowship will be awarded in the subjects offered by the university
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Sub- African
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland/eSwatini, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible to apply:
You Might Also Like these Programs
Engineering is the practical and creative application of science and maths. Engineers can be involved in building, testing and designing: they might work on large products like aircraft; small products like smartphones; buildings or infrastructure; energy sources such as wind power or nuclear power; computing systems or software; transport; medicine; food; music; clothing and much more.
Apply now for this unique opportunity to take your innovation to the next level. The mode of application is online.
How to Apply
To apply, the applicants must submit an online application through the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfNX7EOhFJT6d5aLkTY-GDeMLXyX7xeSTug50mrTMSKzHeVZg/viewform
If you are going to apply for this fellowship, you may be required supporting documents as given in the online application.
Before applying for the opportunity , the applicants need to take admission into the university at any degree program.
The university will provide all the following:
- The Africa Innovation Fellowship (AIF) kicks off with an in-person training week in Kampala, Uganda from the 2 – 5 June 2021, focused on the idea and business incubation, leadership development, networking and getting pitch-ready.
- The Fellowship training week is followed by nine months of personalized virtual support with regular check-ins and milestones, ending in March 2020.
- The prize for the winning idea will be an all-expenses-paid trip to London to attend the Global Grand Challenges Summit in September 2021.
Fellowship candidates who apply and are subsequently shortlisted for the Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation will additionally receive individual coaching and mentoring to support to get them to pitch ready.
Dates and Deadlines
- The application for the Africa Innovation Fellowship must be submitted by April 1, 2021
- Successful candidates will be notified on 15 May 2021