The University of York is delighted to submit applications for the York Global Widening Participation Scholarship, commencing an undergraduate study for the academic year 2023-2024.
The scholarships recognize and reward academic achievement for the undergraduate course at the University. The scholarship winner will get a Program fee (£3,497), travel costs (according to the University’s travel and expenses policy), passport and visa costs (up to £300), and £100 spending money. The awards are open to students from Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Ukraine.
A wonderful chance to study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1963, the University of York has thirty departments and centers surrounding many subjects. It has ranked invariably in the top 20 UK universities and the top 50 in Europe.
Why study at the University of York? At York, students will be at the vanguard of literary study. Its modules are created and prepared by global experts working at the cutting edge of scholarly research. Students will study and learn with academics that are active researchers, experts in their field, and have a passion for their subjects.
Application Deadline: Applications are open until 17 February 2023.
- University or Organization: University of York
- Department: York Global Summer Schools
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree
- Award: Program fee (£3,497)
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 3
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Students from Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Ukraine are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for an Undergraduate degree in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Three full scholarships are available for secondary/high school students from Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Ukraine.
- You qualify to apply for this scholarship if:
- They are currently in secondary education
- They hold citizenship from any country in Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa, or Ukraine.
- They meet our minimum recommended level of English language skills, i.e., CEFR B2, IELTS 5, TOEFL 44+, or Duolingo 75+ (no need for a language exam).
- They can prove their academic motivation.
- Without this scholarship, their family’s financial situation would not enable them to participate in the program.
- This would be their first study abroad experience.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for a place at York, applicants must complete an application through UCAS. After that, they must submit an online application to be considered for a scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: When applying, applicants need to provide either original or certified copies of documents such as Personal statements, School support letters, transcripts, qualifications, and English language proficiency test results.
- Admission Requirements: Before applying, applicants must check the country-specific entry requirements to study for an undergraduate degree at the university.
- Language Requirement: Candidates meet the minimum recommended level of English language skills, i.e.
- CEFR B2
- IELTS 5
- TOEFL 44+
- Duolingo 75+ (no need for a language exam).
The York Global Widening Participation Scholarship covers the following:
- Program fee (£3,497)
- Travel costs (according to the University’s travel and expenses policy)
- Passport and visa costs (up to £300)
- £100 spending money