IIASA offers young scientists summer program to talented young researchers whose interests correspond with IIASA’s ongoing research on issues of global environmental, economic and social change. Applicants from all countries are welcome. Although IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of countries in which IIASA has a National Member Organization (NMO).
The Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) provides a unique opportunity to advance research under the direct supervision of an experienced IIASA scientist.
A great offer for all students to get a research study with the educational fund in Austria.
User Review( votes)
The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is an international scientific institute that conducts research into the critical issues of global environmental, economic, technological, and social change that we face in the twenty-first century.
- Application Deadline: January 14, 2021
- Course Level: These scholarships are available for pursuing research program.
- Study Subject: To talented young researchers whose interests correspond with IIASA’s ongoing research on issues of global environmental, economic, and social change. The following areas of the program will be considered: Advanced Systems Analysis, Energy, Evolution and Ecology, Ecosystem Services and Management, Mitigation of Air Pollution and Greenhouse Gases, World Population, Risk Policy and Vulnerability, Transitions to New Technologies, Water.
- Scholarship Award: Most of IIASA’s National Member Organizations (NMOs) provide special grants to enable young scientists (either their own nationals or foreign students studying in their country) to participate in the YSSP. The stipend varies slightly among NMOs, but usually, it is EUR 1310 per month plus airfare. If you are not a citizen of or a resident in an NMO country you must find alternative funds (either from your home institution or other sources) to finance participation. IIASA will finance up to 3 candidates from developing countries that are not members of IIASA (IIASA’s annual fund; Petr Aven Fellowship for exceptional scientists from Russia). IIASA does not charge a tuition fee. In general, participants are expected to cover all expenses associated with their stay (3 months rent; meals; local transportation; expenses for any accompanying dependents; and health insurance) from their NMO grant or their other funding source.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: All countries
- Scholarship can be taken in Austria
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from all countries are welcome.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for the program candidates should meet the following criteria:
- They should have research experience corresponding to a level typical of a researcher about 2 years prior to receiving a PhD or equivalent degree.
- A summer research proposal that clearly fits the interdisciplinary research agenda of a selected IIASA program; before starting your application we recommend getting in touch with representatives of the program(s) of their choice.
- Ability to work independently as well as to interact with other scientists;
- Fluency in English and the ability to communicate in a scientific environment; and
- Applicants from all countries are welcome. However, IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of countries in which IIASA has a National Member Organization (NMO)
- Applicants must commit to staying for the entire program. Up to five days of leave may be approved by supervisors for participation in conferences and/or for personal reasons.
- Candidates already holding a PhD degree by the application deadline are asked to consider applying to IIASA’s postdoc program.
- How to Apply: Applications should be submitted online. The following steps will guide you through the process:
Step 1: Create a new application
Step 2: Preparing application
Step 3: Submit application
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.