American University in Cairo is offering Yousef Jameel ’68 Ph.D. in Applied Sciences and Engineering Fellowships. Fellowships are open to students of all nationalities.
The long-term objective of the program is to develop the manpower for research and development in the region by providing the skill sets for future scientists who are easily recruited in prominent positions in Egypt and the region.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1919, AUC is a leading English-language, American-accredited institution of higher education and center of the intellectual, social and cultural life of the Arab world. Its community of students, parents, faculty and staff, trustees, alumni, and other generous sponsors represent more than 60 countries.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Applied Sciences and Engineering.
Award: The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees coverage for one year
- Student services and activities fee
- A monthly stipend
The award can be taken in Egypt
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Open to all nationalities
- Master of science degree with a thesis track in an engineering or science discipline from an accredited university
- Submission of a preliminarily proposed dissertation topic and a research outline
- Minimum grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale or very good (gayed geddan)
- Submission of a graduate application and all related documents as required by the AUC graduate admission procedures
- Submission of a satisfactory GRE score and a satisfactory English proficiency test score (TOEFL iBT, or IELTS)
- Relevant scientific research background
Nationality: Fellowships are open to students of all nationalities.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Students must have a Master of Science degree with a thesis track in an engineering or science discipline from an accredited university.
English language Requirements: Submission of a satisfactory GRE score and a satisfactory English proficiency test score (TOEFL iBT, or IELTS).
Application Deadline: Applications and all supporting documents should be submitted by April 15, 2019. Fellowships begin the following fall semester in September.