Georgia Student Finance Commission is pleased to announce the Georgia Zell Miller Scholarships for the academic year 2023-2024 in the USA.
Georgia’s Zell Miller Scholarship is available to students who have demonstrated academic achievement. The scholarship provides money to assist students with the tuition cost of attending a Zell Miller Scholarship eligible college or university.
Great offer for students in USA.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1965, the Georgia Student Finance Commission has become one of the nation’s most successful state student aid operations. First created to provide loans, the agency progressed to state- and lottery-funded scholarships, grants, service cancelable loan programs, and providing free financial aid consultation. GSFC’s mission is to ensure Georgians have an opportunity to access education beyond high school.
Why study at the Georgia Student Finance Commission? Georgia Student Finance Commission’s mission is to promote and increase Georgians’ education access. They accomplish this by administering numerous scholarship, grant, and student loan programs and providing outreach and education services state-wide.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is the last day of the school term or a student’s withdrawal date, whichever occurs first.
- University or Organization: Georgia Student Finance Commission
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Tuition fees
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or the USA
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Georgia.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Meet U.S. citizenship or eligible non-citizen requirements;
- Meet the postsecondary institutions’ Georgia Residency requirements;
- Be enrolled as a degree-seeking student at a USG, TCSG, or eligible.
- Meet federal Selective Service registration requirements, per Georgia state law. The need to register applies to males born on or after January 1, 1960, at least 18, are citizens, or eligible non-citizens who came to the United States before age 26.
- Meet academic achievement standards.
- Be in good standing on all student loans or other financial aid programs.
- Be in compliance with the Georgia Drug-Free Postsecondary Education Act of 1990.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply for admission via the online portal. After that, complete the application of the FAFSA portal. Students will be considered based on their eligibility for the scholarship. Complete the online Georgia Student Finance Application.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit an academic evaluation request and documents for an educational eligibility evaluation. Use the GAfutures Document Upload feature to submit academic evaluation documents as one file.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry requirements of the programme they wish to join at the Georgia Student Finance Commission.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence of your competence in written and spoken English.
The Zell Miller Scholarship award varies and depends on the type of institution you are attending and your specific enrollment hours.
Students that meet all eligibility requirements and attend an eligible public college or university receive a Zell Miller Scholarship award amount to be applied toward standard undergraduate tuition, up to a maximum of 15 hours, for the specific number of hours enrolled, whether full-time or part-time.