The Jagiellonian University, concerning initiatives to support the Ukrainian Research community, has created Financial Assistance Opportunity for Ukraine Researchers in Poland.
Worthy opportunity for students in the Poland.
User Review( votes)
The Jagiellonian University is a public research university in Krakow, Poland. Founded in 1364 by King Casimir III the Great, it is the oldest university in Poland and the 13th oldest university in continuous operation in the world. It is regarded as Poland’s most prestigious academic institution. It employs roughly 4,000 academics and provides education to more than 35,000 students who study in 166 fields. The primary language of instruction is Polish, although around 30 degrees are offered in English and some in German. The Jagiellonian University is consistently ranked among the top universities in the world.
Why choose to study at the Jagiellonian University? Jagiellonian University is ranked #320 in Best Global Universities. The university’s academic advancement in Poland and abroad is illustrated by its widely recognized research achievements. Post-diploma programs and language courses offered by the Jagiellonian Language Centre, the Children’s University, and the Jagiellonian University of the Third Age help to enhance professional qualifications and provide lifelong learning possibilities.
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted until 31 December 2022.
- University or Organization: Jagiellonian University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctorate or researchers
- Award: PLN 100,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Ukraine Students
- The award can be taken in Poland
- Eligible Countries: Ukraine.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Doctorate or researchers in Sciences offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The financial assistance may be used to implement new research projects at Jagiellonian University. It may be provided to Ukrainian citizens who arrived in Poland after 24 February 2022 in the aftermath of the Russian invasion of Ukraine and who
- are holders of a doctorate or equivalent title (Ukrainian Candidate of Sciences).
- worked and did research at a research entity in Ukraine before the outbreak of the war.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application process goes through the Online Application System – OAS. All applications will be considered for this grant.
- Supporting Documents: The following documents are to be submitted upon enrolment:
- A personal questionnaire with a photograph;
- Photo for a student ID card and a Personal Questionnaire
- Valid passport
- Apostille or legalized or Higher education diplomas obtained outside of Poland
- Power of attorney.
- Higher education diploma
- Certificate from a doctor of occupational medicine
- Certified documents translations
- Documents upload upon registration.
- Documents issued in electronic form
- Documents for legalization of stay.
- Health insurance proof
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a relevant bachelor’s degree with excellent grades to be admitted to the Jagiellonian University in a Researchers program.
- Language Requirement: In order to undertake studies in foreign languages, it is required to submit a document confirming the candidate’s level of competency in the programme language of instruction, unless it is verified during the interview.
- Cambridge B2 First (grade C or higher);
- Cambridge C1 Advanced;
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency;
- IELTS Academic (at least 5.5 points);
- TOEFL (at least: iBT: 72 points, ITP: 543 points, CBT: 180 points);
- Higher education diploma in the field of English Philology (English Studies);
- Higher education diploma, if the language of instruction was English;
- IB diploma;
- EB certificate;
- Citizenship of a country in which English is the official language;
The Jagiellonian University will cover the following benefits:
- The total pool allocated for salaries from the funds of the ID.UJ programme may not exceed PLN 100,000 (gross amount including payer costs). If the proposal is recommended for funding, the JU host entity may increase the amount of remuneration using its funds, including ID.UJ resources are at the disposal of the head of the entity;
- Research worth up to PLN 30,000. If the proposal is recommended for funding, the JU host entity may increase the amount allocated for research using its funds, including ID.UJ resources are at the disposal of the head of the entity.