About the Competition:
Zimbo Jam Trust is excited to announce this competition “African Youth’s Big Idea on Investing in Girls”.
User Review( votes)
This competition is a part of the organization’s efforts to call on African leaders to invest in the continent’s youth, particularly girls, to achieve a demographic dividend.
The competition is open to African youth aged between 18 and 35 and the winner will join ONE at the African Union Summit in January 2018 to encourage African leaders to adopt strategic recommendation under the AU’s theme, “Harnessing the demographic dividend through investments in Youth”
Deadline is November 17, 2017.
- Subject: African youth’s big idea on investing in girls
- Organization: Zimbo Jam Trust
- Languages: English
- Deadline: November 17, 2017
- Requirement: Aged between 18 and 35
- About Organization: As Zimbo Jam, we have documented the arts & culture scene in Zimbabwe since our days as itsbho.com which was launched in 2004. Itsbho.com led to zimbojam.com, launched in 2008.
- The mission of Organization: Zimbo Jam Trust offers a number of services all centered around the idea of turning talent into a turnover and the use of cultural resources to create sustainable livelihoods.
- The competition is open to African youth aged between 18 and 35.
- Be currently living in Africa and citizens or permanent resident of the African country in which they live.
How to Apply
To register, download the application form through the given link: https://act.one.org/survey/competition_make_girls_count/
- Submit an original piece of writing answering the question posed in paragraph 1 above; and,
- Have a valid passport or international travel document.
Motivation of the Contest
Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: It focuses on accelerating gender equality and women’s empowerment in Africa.
- The winner(s) will be notified by e-mail and will be chosen at the sole and absolute discretion of ONE.
- An opportunity to join ONE at the AU Summit in January, an iPad, exciting ONE hampers, an opportunity to become ONE youth ambassadors, and be featured on ONE’s digital platforms.
- The winners will be announced on December 15, 2017
- Finalists will each received a hamper of ONE merchandise.
This competition focuses on the state of youth in Africa, especially their well-being and their participation in the economy. The study undertakes a broad review of existing studies and policy frameworks on African youth and identifies the gaps, challenges, and opportunities for harnessing the youth’s potential.