Applications are invited for Hong Kong Scholarships on the International Leadership Program in Visual Arts Management. Applicants from Hong Kong are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Established in 1995 under the Hong Kong Arts Development Council Ordinance, Chapter 472, the Hong Kong Arts Development Council (HKADC) is a statutory body set up by the Government to support the broad development of the arts in Hong Kong. Its major roles include grant allocation, policy and planning, advocacy, promotion and development, and program planning.
Course Level: This year, with funding support from the Home Affairs Bureau, HKADC will offer up to two scholarships to local arts administrators or curators to study the International Leadership Program.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study Visual Arts Management program.
Scholarship Award: Each scholarship is valued up to HK$90,000 and mainly covers tuition fee, subsistence and flight tickets allowances. The tuition fee is meant to meet the tuition fee (€4,200 each) of the ILPVAM and will be paid to the institution directly. The subsistence allowance is meant to subsidize the cost of living expenses outside Hong Kong such as accommodation, transportation, and meals etc. The flight tickets allowance is meant to subsidize the cost of return flight tickets from Hong Kong to Spain and USA respectively. The amount of HK$48,000, which covers subsistence and flight tickets allowances, will be awarded to the awardee directly.
Number of Scholarships: One or two scholarships will be awarded.
Scholarship can be taken in Spain and USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must be Hong Kong Permanent Resident by the application deadline.
- Applicants must have at least 5 years of paid professional working experience in the field of visual arts or related arts disciplines by the application deadline and demonstrate a strong commitment to the sectors.
- Applicants must have an excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Applicants should present their acknowledgement receipt or admission letter of the ILPVAM application.
- Applicants should complete their applications and submit it along with other required supporting documents by the deadline.
- Applicants must fulfil any other language, health and immigration requirements applicable to study in Spain and USA.
- Successful applicants must be responsible for their own insurance, visas and taxes issues.
- Undergraduate students are ineligible.
Nationality: Applicants from Hong Kong are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have at least 5 years of paid professional working experience in the field of visual arts or related arts disciplines by the application deadline and demonstrate a strong commitment to the sectors.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have an excellent command of spoken and written English. Applicants must fulfil any other language, health and immigration requirements applicable to study in Spain and USA.
How to Apply: Applicants should read the Application Guidelines available in hard copy from the office of HKADC (Address: 10/F, Floor, 1063 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong) and by website access at www.hkadc.org.hk carefully before completing this form. By submission of this form the submitting applicant confirms having read, fully understood and the intention to be bound by the Application Guidelines.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is October 17, 2017.