The Maastricht University is offering UCM scholarships for international students for the academic year 2018-2019. These scholarships are available for pursuing bachelor’s programmes in Liberal Arts & Sciences at University College Maastricht.
The bachelor’s programmes in Liberal Arts & Sciences are intended for students who have a broad interest, know what they want, and do not want to limit themselves to the perspective of one discipline.
Maastricht University (UM) is the most international university in the Netherlands and, with more than 16,000 students and 4,000 employees, is still growing. The university stands out for its innovative education model, international character and multidisciplinary approach to research and education.
- Application deadline: January 5, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are provided for students who wish to follow Liberal Arts & Sciences programme at University College Maastricht.
- Scholarship Award: The UCM scholarship is awarded for the duration of the Bachelor’s programme, with a maximum of 36 months.
Tuition Fee € 10,000 Arranged and paid by UCM Visa Costs € 317 Arranged and paid by UCM Insurance € 520 Arranged and paid by UCM Living expenses per month € 500 Paid by UCM Housing Arranged and paid by UCM
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers are not given.
- Nationality: non-EU/EEA Students
- Scholarship can be taken in Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Non-EU/EEA students can apply for undergraduate scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants who are eligible for the UCM scholarship are highly qualified, low-income students coming from a non-EU/EEA country who do not hold an EU/EEA passport. Scholarship applicants must be accepted to the Liberal Arts & Sciences programme of UCM for the September intake. Please note that current UCM students cannot apply for this scholarship.
- English Language Requirements: English is the working language in this programme. You must, therefore, demonstrate your proficiency in English. No additional proof of English proficiency is required if you are a native English speaker or if you have obtained or will obtain:
- An International or European Baccalaureate
- A high school diploma in the USA
- GCE A-levels
- A VWO diploma with a minimum overall grade of 7 in English
- Zeugnis der Allgemeine Hochschulreife with a minimum overall grade of 8 in English
If you do not meet one of these criteria, you have to provide proof of your English proficiency with either an IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge test. You have to prepare and register for these tests yourself.
To apply for this scholarship, applicants must apply for UCM via Studielink and upload the following documents in the category ‘Apply for Scholarship’ in MyUM simultaneously with all other required documents.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted electronically.
- A filled out application form
- Official documentation of financial situation, such as recent (parental) tax return and/or a copy of last pay check(s)
- Scholarship applications received by email will not be taken into consideration.
- Applicants are informed about the scholarship decision around March/April.