The University of Leuven is inviting applications for its PhD Position in Pure Mathematics and it offers a competitive salary, a budget for conference participation and short research stays in other institutions. The position is exclusively open for Belgium applicants.
The aim of the fellowship is to support Belgium applicants who have a master degree in mathematics, or equivalent, with a strong interest in research.
The Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (“Catholic University of Leuven”B), abbreviated KU Leuven and also known as the University of Leuven, is a research university in the Dutch-speaking city of Leuven in Flanders, Belgium.
- Application deadline: December 3, 2017.
- Course Level: Position is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Position is awarded in following areas of pure mathematics:
- Algebraic geometry
- Classical analysis
- Differential geometry
- Functional analysis
- Group theory
- Scholarship Award: The university offer a four year PhD position with a competitive salary, a budget for conference participation and short research stays in other institutions, health insurance and social benefits for the PhD student and her/his accompanying partner and/or children.
- Nationality: Belgium applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of position is not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from Belgium are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a master degree in mathematics, or equivalent, with a strong interest in research, as demonstrated by your master thesis.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have very good oral and written proficiency in English.
How to Apply:
- You have to apply via the online tool available here.
- You have to upload exactly three pdf-files.
- Motivation letter.
- CV, including a list of publications (if any), the names of three references (these colleagues do not have to write a reference letter now, but might be contacted by the hiring committee) and information on the topic of your master thesis and your (tentative) graduation date. The master thesis itself and the publications themselves should not be included.
- Transcripts of your bachelor and master studies.
- Interviews with candidates on the shortlist will take place at the end of January or the beginning of February 2018.