The University of Leuven is inviting applications for the PhD Position in Pure Mathematics and it offers a competitive salary, a budget for conference participation and short research stays in other institutions. The position is exclusively open for Belgium applicants.
The aim of the fellowship is to support Belgium applicants who have a master degree in mathematics, or equivalent, with a strong interest in research.
Great offer for candidates
User Review( votes)
The Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (“Catholic University of Leuven”B), abbreviated KU Leuven and also known as the University of Leuven, is a research university in the Dutch-speaking city of Leuven in Flanders, Belgium.
- Application Deadline: January 8, 2020
- Course Level: Position is available to pursue PhD program.
- Study Subject: Position is awarded in the following areas of pure mathematics.
- Algebraic geometry
- Classical analysis
- Differential geometry
- Functional analysis
- Group theory
- Nationality: Belgium applicants are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
- Number of Awards: Number of position is not given.
- The award can be taken in Belgium
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from Belgium are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a master degree in mathematics, or equivalent, with a strong interest in research, as demonstrated by your master thesis.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have very good oral and written proficiency in English.
How to Apply:
You have to use the online application tool available here. You have to upload exactly three pdf files.
- Motivation letter.
- CV. Include the names of three references. These colleagues do not have to write a reference letter now, but might be contacted by the hiring committee. Also, mention the topic of your master thesis and your (tentative) graduation date. If you have any preprints or publications, also mention these. The master thesis itself and the publications themselves should not be included.
- Transcripts of your bachelor and master studies.