Umeå University is offering scholarships for international students to pursue master’s programme for the academic year 2017-2018. Selected candidates receive a full or partial waiver of the tuition fee.
Umeå University is a university in Umeå in the mid-northern region of Sweden. The university was founded in 1965 and is the fifth oldest within Sweden’s present borders.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognized test, e. g. TOEFL, IELTS or the equivalent.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s programme at Umeå University.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study all the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Selected candidates receive a full or partial waiver of the tuition fee.
Scholarship can be taken in Sweden
Eligibility: University welcome students to apply for scholarship if they have:
- Completed application for studies at UniversityAdmissions.se before the application deadline (16 January 2017)
- A Umeå University programme as priority 1
Nationality: Scholarships are awarded to talented and high-achieving students from outside the EU/EEA.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have bachelor’s degree equivalent to a Swedish Kandi DAT examen, (180 higher education credits) from an internationally recognised university.
English Language Requirement: In order to be eligible for university studies in Sweden, a student must demonstrate that they meet the English requirements for the course or programme.
How to Apply: Applicants should fill out the scholarship form and submit the application together with other documents to University Admissions Sweden. Required documentation for all master’s applicants In order to complete an admissions application, students must provide the following documents after submitting their online application. Please do not submit documents that are not listed here, unless they are required by the university to which are applying.
- Certificates and diplomas of your completed bachelor’s degree from an internationally recognised higher education institution (university or university college).
- Transcripts of completed courses and grades for each semester (including course list) from your bachelor’s programme.
- Proof of English language skills
- Proof that student meet the specific entry requirements (university’s website will have information regarding the specific entry requirements for the course or programme they have applied to, be sure to check there for what is required).
- In order to speed up the processing of the application, University Admissions Sweden requires a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or some other identification document.
Application Deadline: The new application round for the 2017-18 academic year will open on November 7, 2016, and close on January 16, 2017.