The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the award of 3 scholarships of £5000 for Malaysian students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2017.
The University of Birmingham is a public research university located in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for undergraduate degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are available in Arts and Law, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship award is for £5000 towards tuition fees (for the first year only) of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University starting September 2017.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship. Students who are applying for government scholarships are still able to apply for our awards but if the student does receive full government scholarship or alternative scholarship award then they are no longer eligible for this scholarship. In order to be eligible, candidates must
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2017. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Malaysia domiciled and a Malaysian national.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2017 (the scholarship award may not be deferred). Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to our local representatives – MABECS.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with MABECS by 2 June 2017
Nationality: Malaysian students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with MABECS by 2 June 2017. Selection for the award will be based on academic performance. Students will be shortlisted for interviews which are to be held in July 2017 ( date TBC) in Kuala Lumpur. The scholarships will be announced shortly after interview. The full scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment on studies in September 2017.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 2, 2017.