Application Deadline: Closed
A fine program for researchers
User Review( votes)
- Free tuition Open for Students of Following Countries: Middle East, Central Asia, South Asia, South East Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- Students from International Relations, Peace and Conflict Studies/War Studies, International Law, Area Studies or other relevant programs with concentrations in conflict studies or conflict regions are eligible for this full tuition.
- Participants have completed their studies with a Master’s degree or equivalent (excellent or very good) in one of the following areas: International Relations, Peace and Conflict Studies/War Studies, International Law, Area Studies or other relevant programs with concentrations in conflict studies or conflict regions. Highly qualified applicants with different academic backgrounds who demonstrate at least two years of practical experience in the field are also eligible.
- Applicants must have an excellent knowledge of English; please provide evidence of this through the submission of appropriate language certificates (e.g. TOEFL: 550/213/80)7); a knowledge of German is advantageous, but not required, completed their Master’s degree in the last six years, 2 years professional or research experience would be an asset.
- Applicants cannot be considered if they have been in Germany for more than one year at the time of application.
How to apply
Candidates have to submit their form via the on-line method.
DAAD pays a monthly free schooling rate of currently 1000 € and also includes contributions to health insurance in Germany. In addition, DAAD grants an appropriate travel allowance as well as a study and research subsidy and in applicable cases rent subsidies and / or family allowances. The funding opportunity holders will be exempted from tuition fees. They will be offered special tutoring at the Brandt School, and there is the possibility of further activities.