Applications are invited for Ramalingaswami Fellowship available for Indian Nationals working overseas research institutions. These are open for taking up scientific research positions at any S&T institution including University departments or other academic institutions and national R&D laboratories in India.
This is a senior programme, and awardees are to be considered synonymous to the faculty/scientists at the level of Scientist-D. They are entitled to take up teaching/research assignments and supervising Doctoral/MS students.
Admirable Fellowship Program in India.
User Review( votes)
Fellows can draw award for a term of five years. This program is further extendable for another term on a fresh appraisal of the performance of the fellow.
Application Deadline: Closed
- The applicant should possess a Ph.D., M.D., M. Tech, M.VSc. or equivalent degree with an outstanding track record as reflected in publications and other recognitions and with at least three years of post-doctoral research experience of which last two years should be from an overseas laboratory.
- Only candidates (Indian nationals) working overseas are eligible to apply.
- Those who have already returned to India within one year of the closing date of this advertisement are also eligible.
- Researcher’s up to 55 years of age as determined on the closing date of application are eligible to apply.
- These are awarded in various cutting edge disciplines of biotechnology (agriculture, health sciences, bioengineering, energy, environment, bioinformatics, and other related areas).
- Indian citizens working overseas can apply for these Ramalingaswami awards.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications may be sent as per proforma downloadable from DBT website and duly forwarded by the competent authority by post and also via e-mail.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, candidates must have no need to submit any documents to apply for this free study.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: You must provide evidence of your English skills. If you gain University Entrance with an international/ country name based qualification, you have satisfied the English language requirements.
This is a senior programme, and awardees are to be considered synonymous to the faculty/scientists at the level of Scientist-D. They are entitled to take up teaching/research assignments and supervising Doctoral/MS holders. The scheme provides a consolidated monthly remuneration of Rs. 85,000/- p.m. In addition, a House Rent Allowance of Rs. 7,500/- p.m. is given to fellows. In case the host institute provides accommodation to the fellow, no house rent allowance is admissible. Fellows will receive a research/contingency grant of Rs. 10.00 lakhs for the 1st year; Rs. 7.50 lakhs for the 2nd year; Rs. 5.00 lakhs for subsequent 3 years for the purchase of consumables, minor equipment, international and domestic travel, engaging manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred for the implementation of the research proposal. DBT encourages host institutions to provide medical benefits, transport allowance, leave travel allowance and other benefits as per their prevailing norms as applicable to their employees of the rank equivalent to Scientist D out of their own resources/ funds.