Whether you are a Turkish or international student, if you are a researcher who has or pursuing a degree from a Turkish higher education institution, here is an opportunity to apply for research in Turkey.
Provided by TÜB?TAK, 2232-B International Fellowship for Early Stage Researchers Program is open yearlong for young researchers. This call announcement covers procedures and liabilities related to researchers who apply to the program and/or who are supported by the program.
Great opportunity for researchers worldwide.
User Review( votes)
International Fellowship for Early Stage Researchers Program is open for Turkish and international students having graduate study in Turkish higher education institutions and post-doctoral researchers pursuing their post-doctoral studies in Turkiye.
TÜB?TAK is a sponsor institution in its international definition. The main purpose of TÜB?TAK to implement these programs is to enable researchers, who stand out with their international experience, to train graduate students in Turkey and to establish new research groups.
Application Deadline: Applications are open as of 1 January 2023 and will stay open yearlong.
- University or Organization: The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Türkiye (TÜB?TAK)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International and Turkish
- The award can be taken in Turkey
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities, including Turkey
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for research.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Turkish and international students (except for special students and preparatory foreign language students) receiving graduate education in Turkish higher education institutions and Turkish and international post-doctoral researchers pursuing their post-doctoral studies in Turkiye can participate in the project as scholars. A maximum of two scholars taking part in the project team can be master students, and only one of them can be a post-doctoral researcher.
- If doctorate or master scholars students who will take part in the project team are not yet graduated by the end of the project period, their scholarship, provided that their active studentship continues, be paid within the scope of 2210 / 2211 A National MSc/MA/PhD Scholarship Program and within the framework of 2232 Program scholarship limits as their total scholarship period in both programs shall not exceed 24 months for master education and 48 months for doctoral education.
- Researchers applying to the program are obliged to work abroad as of the first day of the application, and they must be under the age of 401.
- Researchers, who will apply to the program, shall not be located in Turkiye for more than six months within the last three years as of the first day of the application. Force majeure to be accepted by Group Executive Committee and compulsory military service are not within the limits of this period.
- As of the first day of the application, any of the work experiences set forth below shall be met:
- 1) Early career researchers who have completed their doctoral degrees within the last four years and who have at least 1-year of post-doctoral work experience abroad,
- 2) Graduate researchers who have 4-year full-time work experience abroad, provided that they work in the private sector for at least one year (Maximum one year of a master’s degree (with thesis) completed abroad and maximum of three years of doctoral degree completed abroad is evaluated within this scope)
- Researchers who have work experience must meet one of the following requirements:
- 1) Being on the “Highly Cited Researchers List” published by Thomson Reuters in any year within the last three years as of the first day of the application,
- 2)Working uninterruptedly for 12 months at least in an institution among those ranked below in any year within the last five years as of the first day of the application:
- a) Top 150 universities in the field-based rankings according to QS (Quacquarelli Symonds) or THE (Times Higher Education) World University Ranking
- b) World’s Top 2500 Industrial R&D Investment Scoreboard published by the European Commission Joint Research Centre
- c) Top 250 institutions in the sub-fields of health, higher education, public and private sectors according to Scimago Institutions Ranking Successful start-up and unicorn companies receiving the most investment
- 1) “Unicorn” companies list published by CBInsights and reached 1 billion USD and overvaluation from its venture level
- 2) Top 1000 companies founded within the last five years and received the most investment in the last five years according to databases of Crunchbase and CBInsights
- Researchers who have fellowships from any other public institution and already have compulsory service obligations cannot apply to this program.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications will be made online via https://tybs.tubitak.gov.tr/ within the dates indicated in the call announcement.
- Supporting Documents: Documents Required to Initiate the Fellowship:
- 1) Coordinator Information (The date of starting the project and the IBAN number of the Turkish Lira account opened in Turkey on behalf of the coordinator)
- 2) For candidates requesting family allowance, a copy of the register obtained from e-devlet; for international researchers marriage certificate and/or birth certificate
- 3) Ethics Committee Approval, if required
- The coordinator must submit the information/documents to bideb-pts.tubitak.gov.tr and initiate research within 12 months at the latest upon the notification of the fellowship decision.
- Research plan and project proposal form to be prepared by the applicant coordinator, covering his/her arrival reason, research projects/plans he/she will carry out upon his/her arrival, and post-program career plan.
- Admission Requirements: Those who have been working on the project and at least have a bachelor’s degree may take part in the project as researchers upon the request of the coordinator and the consent of the Group Executive Committee.
- Language Requirement: English language skills are required.
The fellowship period is a minimum of 24 months and a maximum of 36 months. The program will include
- Scholarship for the coordinator,
- Family allowance (if applicable),
- Initial research grant,
- Research project grant,
- Grant intended for establishing a research team (scholarship for up to 5 graduate students and post-doctoral researchers the coordinator will include in the research team for conducting his/her research in Turkiye)
- Project Incentive Bonus for researchers involved within the scope of the research project,
- Institutional share allowance for the host institution,
- Health insurance for the coordinator and his/her family,
- Travel allowance for the coordinator and his/her family.
- Mentoring Support
A monthly scholarship and family allowance will be transferred to the applicant the coordinator’s account by TÜB?TAK as of the start date of the fellowship until the tenth day of each month within the framework of budget and cash status.