The Vienna Doctoral School in Physics is currently accepting applications for the Fully-funded PhD Fellowship programmes at the University of Vienna in Austria.
There are 23 awards available for students from across the globe who want to complete their PhD degree in Physics at the university for the academic year 2021-2022.
A golden opportunity for international students to become a part of the Fully-funded International PhD Fellowship programme in Austria.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1365, the University of Vienna is the oldest public university in the German-speaking world in Central Europe. It offers a wide variety of undergraduate and graduates degree programs for excellent students.
Why study at the University of Vienna? The university provides various scholarship opportunities and financial assistance programs for international students. Here students can select the field of study according to their need.
Application Deadline: August 30, 2020
- University: University of Vienna
- Department: Vienna Doctoral School in Physics
- Course Level: PhD program
- Award: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 23
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Austria
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree program in the field of Physics
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must have a master’s degree to apply for the award. Students accepted to the VDS need to follow the enrollment procedures for all doctoral students at the University of Vienna.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Before applying for this program, applicants need to take admission in the PhD degree program at Vienna Doctoral School. After taken admission, they can apply for the grant.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit all the following supporting documents:
- A personal motivation letter, ca. 1 page A4 (in English)
- List of publications in scientific journals, poster contributions, conference talks
- All study records (English or German, translation is required)
- If available: GRE and TOEFL iBL score reports
- At least two recommendation letters.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a previous year degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
The Vienna Doctoral School in Physics will provide a free tuition-fee to the successful candidates at the University of Vienna.