The New School, in Tbilisi, Georgia is currently accepting applications for an International Baccalaureate Diploma open to all eligible students from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine aged 16-17 years old.
Up to 30 financial aid positions will be awarded to students of the six eligible countries. The list of scholarship recipients for the academic year 2018-2019 will be announced in May 2018.
User Review( votes)
The New School’s mission is to build a diverse community of lifelong learners who are prepared to make a difference in an ever-changing world.
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2018
- Course Level: These opportunities are available to pursue an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma programme.
- Study Subject: An International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a focus on European Studies at the New School, Tbilisi, Georgia.
- Award: the program programme is funded by the European Union. Up to 30 financial aid positions will be awarded to students from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine that meet the programme entry requirements and that obtain the highest marks in the selection tests.
The grant is intended to cover the full two-year cycle of the IB Diploma Programme, plus boarding costs, where relevant.
The sponsorship will be awarded the first academic year and will be automatically extended to the second and last academic year, subject to the students’ successful completion of year 1. Students will not need to reapply for award in their second year. Included in the program:
Tuition fees for academic year 2018/2019 for the European-focused International Baccalaureate Programme at the New School located in Tbilisi, Georgia.
Boarding in Tbilisi, Georgia, including meals. Students will be accommodated in boarding facilities, on or near campus. The high quality and safety standards already adopted at the New School premises will be maintained.
Two round trips between Tbilisi and family residence per year, during school breaks.
Allowance for local transportation, accessible to each student on a personal debit card of the Bank of Georgia.
Study materials and resources needed for students to perform in the programme (books, laptops, calculators, smartphones for the duration of the studies).
Participation in EU sponsored seminars, conferences, study tours and other events.
Medical insurance, including dental care, and repatriation insurance in case of severe illness.the program does not include:
Direct transfers of funds or cash to students or students’ families.
Domestic or international travel to/from Tbilisi of students’ family members.
Students’ personal expenses such as clothing, out of campus food or drinks, mobile phones and personal computers other those provided for the purposes of carrying out the Diploma Programme.
- Number of Awards: Up to 30 financial aid positions will be awarded to students of the six eligible countries.
- Nationality: this application is available to students from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine.
- The award can be taken in Georgia
Eligible Countries: this application is available to students from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine.
Entrance Requirements: To ensure equal opportunities for each of the Eastern Partnership Countries, the competition for the opportunity
is based on merit and open at no cost to applicants who meet the requirements. Eligible applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
Eligible applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
1. Be a citizen of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova or Ukraine and be able to receive an international travel document to go to Georgia;
2. Reside in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova or Ukraine at the time of application;
3. Meet the grade/age requirements set for their country, as set out below;
4. Be enrolled in a secondary school in one of the six countries at the time of application;
5. Demonstrate a minimum average of 70% of GPA over the previous and current year of secondary school studies;
6. Have previously studied English and demonstrate English language ability at the time of registration (B2 Level and higher).
7. Knowledge of another EU language will be considered an advantage.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have previously studied English and demonstrate English language ability at the time of registration (B2 Level and higher). Knowledge of another EU language will be considered an advantage.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
The deadline for submitting applications is 31 March 2018, at 12:00 Georgia time (noon, UCT+4.00).
Candidates are requested to create an online applicant profile to submit their application.
Any application received after the indicated date or incomplete application will be disregarded. All applicants that apply within the deadline will receive an automatic notification of receipt.
The Selection Panel will review only the applications received before the deadline.
The Selection Panel will shortlist candidates for testing and interviews. In April 2018, the shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation to the written exams in their country of residence, and to the interview.
Written tests in Mathematics and English
There will be two written tests: a maths test and an English language test. All tests will be conducted in English.