Want to conduct research in the applied use of music in health, education and social service programs? Then, become a part of a learning community founded on problem-based learning principles and apply now for the PhD Scholarship in Music Therapy Research offered at Aalborg University. Researchers can apply for the academic year 2023-2024.
The scholarship is directed toward the PhD in music therapy research undertaken at the Department of Communication and Psychology at Aalborg University. The applicants must have completed a five-year master’s program in music therapy to be eligible for the scholarship award, i.e., tuition fee coverage, living and accommodation expenses, and more. The research project will be aimed at music therapy but can also be in art-based therapies or associated fields.
Wonderful offer for overseas students in Denmark.
User Review( votes)
Aalborg University is a Danish public university ranked250th in the overall world university rankings and 8thin the world, and best in Europe, within the field of Engineering. The university has high-quality of core activities that help create solutions to complex societal challenges regionally, nationally, and globally.
Why choose to study at Aalborg University? Aalborg University is a mission-oriented university that is guided by a meaningful purpose of setting a clear direction and creating value through new knowledge about and for the world. This contributed to the sustainable development of the world. The university’s ultimate goal is to solve major global societal problems with concrete actions.
Application Deadline: The application process will end on 17th April 2023.
- University or Organization: Aalborg University
- Department: Department of Communication and Psychology
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: 2
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: Danish and other foreign nationals are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD in music therapy research programme taught at the Department of Communication and Psychology at Aalborg University can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must submit their applications in due time to receive full consideration.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications can be made via the online portal. Scholarship application form can be obtained on this page. Interested candidates must submit their scholarship application via mail to [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A motivated application
- A CV
- Documentation for passed university exams in the form of diplomas and transcripts of records in Danish or English
- PhD project proposal
- Co-author statement
- Language skills
- Admission Requirements: The candidates must have acquired a Danish five-year Master’s degree or have completed another similar programme.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS (academic test + special online home test) – 6.5 overall band score
- TOEFL (internet-based + TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition) – 85
- C2 Proficiency (CPE) – 180/level C1
- C1 Advanced (CAE) – 180/grade C
- ECPE – Passed test, including certificate
Aalborg University will provide the selected PhD candidates with the following benefits:
- Registration fees at Aalborg University
- Research supervision
- Six integrated Aalborg PhD courses (each 5 ECTS)
- Introductory ethics course
- Expenses covered for yearly travels to, and accommodation in, Aalborg
- The possibility to have additional research-specific expenses covered
- Assessments and defense of the PhD thesis