Google is very proud of launching the Research Scholar Program with an aim to support early-career professors who are pursuing research in fields relevant to Google. Promising researchers are encouraged to apply for the academic year 2023-2024.
Google is accepting applications from professors globally who are teaching at universities and hold a PhD in computer science or similar. The applicants must compulsorily be full-time assistant, associate, or professors at a university to be eligible to win this chance. Winners can expect a whopping $60,000 to support their research. The Research Scholar Program provides unrestricted gifts to support research at institutions worldwide and is focused on world-class funding research conducted by early-career professors.
This is a very helpful program through which you can earn a quality education in the USA without worrying about educational expenses.
User Review( votes)
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company where people search the world’s information, including webpages, images, videos and more. The company focuses on search engine technology, online advertising, cloud computing, and more. It has launched the Research Scholar program to encourage research in related fields.
Google’s Research Scholar Program aspires to make discoveries that impact everyone, and core to its approach is sharing the research and tools to fuel progress in the field. With Google Research, reimagining technology across all areas of Computer Science research seems highly possible and is already being implemented.
Application Deadline: Students can submit applications by 1st December 2022.
- University or Organization: Google
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Candidates of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants must be researching computer science-related fields such as Algorithms and optimization, Applied science, Geo/maps, Health Research, Human-computer interaction, Machine learning and data mining, Machine perception, Mobile, Natural language processing, Networking, Privacy, Quantum computing, Security, Software engineering and programming languages, Structured data, extraction, semantic graph, and database management, and Systems (hardware and software).
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be full-time assistant, associate, or professor at a university or degree-granting research institution at the time of the application submission.
- The applicants must submit one application per round.
- The applicants must apply a maximum of 3 times within the seven years post-PhD.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Individuals who want to apply for this scholarship must submit their research proposal and application online to be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants are required to prepare a research proposal.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have received their PhD within seven years of submission ideally in computer science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to have knowledge of the English language and preferably be fluent in it.
The winning researchers will be awarded funds up to $60,000 intended to support the advancement of the professor’s research by Google Research.