Sustainable Infrastructure Systems Pty Ltd and the University of Adelaide are offering applications for a groundbreaking PhD research project in the School of Architecture and Civil Engineering.
The University of Adelaide Research Scholarship program is open for home and international students applying for a PhD program at the Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology (SET).
Nice offer to gain research study in Australia with a study fund.
User Review( votes)
The University of Adelaide is the third-oldest university in Australia established in 1874. Adelaide is a public research university known as a world-class research and higher education institution. It is divided into three faculties; each faculty comprises various constituent schools.
Why apply to this program? Successful applicants will receive the annual Adelaide Research Scholarship, indexed annually (AUD$ 32,500 in 2023), overseas student health cover (OSHC) allowance, and relocation allowance (if applicable). The successful candidate will work between the University of Adelaide’s North Terrace Campus and the Sustainable Infrastructure Systems manufacturing facility in Adelaide, S.A.
Application Deadline: 31 March 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Adelaide
- Department: Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology (SET)
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Award: AUD $32,500
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities, including Australia
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for the PhD program at the Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology (SET) in the School of Architecture and Civil Engineering.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must be either domestic or international candidates, subject to the standard entry requirements for a PhD at the University of Adelaide.
- Australian Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents, New Zealand Citizens, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holders, and International Students
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants should forward to the supervisors their CV, as well as a cover letter of no more than two pages, outlining their interest in the position. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly by the supervisory panel.
- Supervisor details:
- 1) The University of Adelaide: School of Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Professor Scott T Smith: [email protected]
- Dr Tafsirojjaman: [email protected]
- 2) Sustainable Infrastructure Systems Pty Ltd
- Nick Wotton – Managing Director: [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: CV, a cover letter of no more than two pages, outlining their interest in the position.
- Admission Requirements: To gain admission into a PhD, applicants will need one of the following:
- a relevant University of Adelaide Honours degree (or equivalent), with at least a second-class Honours (upper division)
- a postgraduate coursework degree which contains a significant research component and meets the minimum GPA requirements
- a relevant University of Adelaide Master of Philosophy (or equivalent)
- Language Requirement: Applicants will need to be proficient in speaking, listening, reading and writing in English. The University accepts the following test types:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Academic
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Internet-Based Test
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) Academic
- C1 Advanced (formerly CAE – Cambridge English: Advanced)
The successful candidate will receive all the following:
- A University of Adelaide Research Scholarship (UARS) or Research Training Program Scholarship (RTPS) for 3.75 years
- A stipend (indexed annually),
- Overseas student health cover (OSHC) allowance (for international students),
- Relocation allowance (if applicable), and
- Allowance to support a 3-month Research Internship.
- The stipend rate in 2023 is AUD$32,500.