The Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP) grants scholarships to high calibre Asian students studying abroad within Asia.
Under the administration of Bai Xian Asia Institute (BXAI), the AFLSP provides a platform on which students and educational institutions can cultivate lasting relationships based on mutual trust and understanding—essential tools for building bridges across cultures.
The Zhejiang University (ZJU) is participating in the AFLSP as one of its Anchor Universities. Applications for School of Public Affairs, School of Economics, School of Management, College of Media and International Culture, School of Humanities, School of International Studies and College of Education will be given priority.
• Application Deadline: March 31, 2021
• Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue a master’s degree program.
• Study Subject: Scholarship is available to study the subject offered by the university.
• Award: Scholarship will cover the Tuition waiver, free accommodation on campus, Living allowance: CNY 6,000 per month (ten months per year, up to two years and International student’s medical insurance.
• Number of Awards: Not known.
• Nationality: Scholarship is available for the following Asian countries:
• The award can be taken in China.
• Eligible Countries: Scholarship is available for the following Asian countries:
• Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam and Yemen.
• Entrance Requirement: Applicant must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicants must hold citizenship of an Asian country (other than the People’s Republic of China).
2. Applicants must be in good health condition.
3. Applicants must be Bachelor degree holders or graduating students normally at the age of 35 or below (born after April 30, 1983).
4. Applicants must have academic excellence, honesty and integrity, open vision, sense of responsibility and mission.
5. Applicants must appreciate the mission and vision of the AFLSP Program.
6. If admitted to the Program, applicants shall stay enrolled as a full-time student at Zhejiang University and actively participate in various activities organized by the university.
7. Applicants must agree to sign a student commitment letter stipulated by Bai Xian Asia Institute.
8. Language proficiency requirements:
1). Applicants for Chinese-taught programs of literature, history, philosophy, education and law should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 210, or HSK certificate of level 5 or above; applicants for other Chinese-taught programs should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 190, or HSK certificate of level 5 or above. Applicants with TOEFL or IELTS certificates will be given priority.
2). There are no Chinese language proficiency requirements for applicants of English-taught programs, but they (except for English native speakers) must have an internet-based TOEFL test score of 90 or IELTS test score of 6.5 (or above).
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants shall fill in and submit the Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University via the International Students Online Application System.