The African Institute of Financial Markets and Risk Management (AIFMRM) is now accepting applications for fully-funded PhD Student Fellowships for those who want to broaden their academic horizon to spend a semester abroad during their PhD.
The African Institute of Financial Markets and Risk Management (AIFMRM) in the Faculty of Commerce at the University of Cape Town is a postgraduate institute committed to increasing the extent and depth of expertise in the African financial service industry. The institute conducts rigorous scholarly research and takes a critical and quantitative approach to the study of financial markets, risk management, and financial innovation.
A fine program for candidates.
User Review( vote)
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue the PhD programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Abroad
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The institute is looking for enthusiastic PhD students with a Master’s degree in economics, finance, computer science, statistics, financial mathematics, or closely related fields. We offer a three-year, fully funded fellowship of R190 000 per annum.
- We encourage and actively support PhD Students to undertake internships either in the financial industry or with regulatory authorities and central banks during their PhD AIFMRM has an extensive set of collaborations with leading universities in Europe and the USA and we encourage students who want to broaden their academic horizon to spend a semester abroad during their PhD.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications must be sent to Co-Pierre Georg via e-mail, African Institute of Financial Markets and Risk Management, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch 7700, South Africa).To apply, please send the following:
- A letter of motivation
- A complete CV including the names and contact details of two references
- Academic transcripts
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their Master degree in economics, finance, computer science, statistics, financial mathematics, or closely related fields.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Deadline: Closed