The Quantum Leap Africa Research Center is pleased to invite applications Aims-Carnegie Small Research Grants in Data Science.
This study award is open for African PhD students who are at an advanced stage of their research, and researchers with at least a PhD qualification in the field of data science and its related disciplines.
Good chance to apply for African students.
User Review( votes)
AIMS has been providing outstanding postgraduate training to Africa’s top graduates in math, science, and engineering for the past 15 years. AIMS currently has scientific centers of excellence in South Africa, , Ghana, Cameroon, Tanzania, and Rwanda.
Application Deadline: Every two months until positions are filled
University or Organization: The Quantum Leap Africa Research Center
Course Level: PhD degree
Award: USD 12,000
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: African students
The award can be taken in Rwanda
Eligible Countries: African students can apply for this application
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any PhD degree offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: To apply you must be:
- Applicants should be of African descent but could be residing anywhere in the world.
- Applicants could be PhD students who have made significant progress in their research or must hold a PhD degree in data science or related disciplines that contribute to the field of data science e.g. quantum, data engineering, mathematics, statistics, computing, big data, artificial intelligence, among others.
- Applicants should demonstrate evidence of research in data science and its related disciplines with applications of mathematical concepts, or in mathematical sciences with practical applications to data science and its related disciplines.
- Proposed projects could be of a fundamental, applied or applicable type.
- Applicants should demonstrate an ability to translate their concepts into applicable solutions or recommendations, particularly for proof-of-concept, pilot, industry-led, policy-, and community-driven projects.
- Applicants with at least a postdoctoral standing could apply for funds to support the establishment of a research group. In this regard, they should demonstrate expertise or ability to (co-)supervise Master’s and/or PhD students. Such a research group/team could be established in collaboration with a senior project advisor. The Grantee must have a recognized (co-)supervisory role in the project.
- Applicants can hold the grant in any institution around the world, including industry.
- Applicants must be willing to hold an affiliation at an AIMS Centre of their choice and spend a portion of their grant time in Quantum Leap Africa (Rwanda), or any of the AIMS Research Centres as a visiting research fellow, should the need arise.
- Applicants must be willing to contribute to a non-technical publication/bulletin which will highlight their work.
- Applicants should be able to take up the grant within two months of receiving the grant award letter.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To begin your application award, applicants must have applied through this given link: https://quantumleapafrica.org/small-research-grant-application
- Supporting Documents: The following documents must also be submitted through this online portal. Students need to submit a completed personal details form, a completed project proposal form, a curriculum vitae, a letter of motivation, most recent academic qualification (for PhD students, proof of enrollment should be submitted), an electronic copy of three significant publications.
- Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Benefits: Passionate and highly motivated data scientists are invited to apply for grants of up to USD 12,000 to further research or industry-type ideas in the area of data science and its related disciplines.