Do you want to pursue a bachelor’s degree at a recognised university in the United Kingdom? If so, then you must take a look at the Albukhary Scholarship offered by the University of York.
Originated in 1963, the University of York is a collegiate plate glass research university, located in the city of York, England. It is the eighth-best university in the world and first within the United Kingdom.
Why at the University of York? While studying at this university, students will get a combination of excellent teaching, rich and varied campus life and a cultured city, and you’ll have the experience of a lifetime.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2020
- University or Organization: University of York
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: £31,250 – £75,000
- Number of Awards: 5
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open from Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: bachelors degree program in any subject stream
- Eligibility Criteria: Aspirants have to enrol in the undergraduate degree coursework at the university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For applying, candidates have to enrol in the bachelor’s degree program at the university. After that, you can complete the award application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants will need to provide:
- a personal statement of no more than 500 words explaining why you would like to be considered for the opportunity .
- information on your current financial situation, including your household income.
- Admission Requirements: Claimants have to accomplish the minimum entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: If your native language is not English, then you have to provide evidence of English language proficiency.
The aid amounts available vary based on the individual financial need of the student in the following manner:
- One award of £75,000 over three years
- Four awards of £31,250