The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is seeking academically strong and highly motivated candidates for the Feodor Lynen Research Fellowships for the academic year 2023/2024.
Great offer for applicants in the Germany.
User Review( vote)
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is a foundation established by the government of the Federal Republic of Germany and funded by the Federal Foreign Office, the Federal Ministry of Education and Research. It promotes international academic cooperation between excellent scientists and scholars from Germany and from abroad. The Foundation was initially established in Berlin in 1860 to provide German scientists support to do research in other countries.
Why should you apply for this programme? The Humboldt Foundation offers flexible sponsorship programs for researchers at all stages of their careers. It enables outstanding scientists and scholars from abroad to complete long-term research stays in Germany. Humboldt Professorship, Germany’s most valuable research award, brings top international researchers to German universities.
Application Deadline: Submit your completed application before February, June and October.
- University or Organization: Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral research
- Award: Varies
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: German or International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The Feodor Lynen Research Fellowship addresses postdoctoral researchers with above-average qualifications from Germany regardless of their research discipline.
- You hold German citizenship.
- If you are a country other than German citizen, you are eligible to apply if you are working academically in Germany at the time of application.
- Doctorate completed less than four years before the date of application. Candidates who have nearly completed their doctoral degrees are eligible to apply provided they submit the manuscript of their dissertation or publications containing the results of their dissertation, however, at the earliest six months before the completion of their dissertation.
- Academic publications are reviewed according to international standards and printed in journals or publishing houses.
- Confirmation that research facilities are available and mentoring agreement and a detailed expert’s statement from an academic host at a research institution abroad who is eligible to act as such in the Feodor Lynen Research Fellowship Programme.
- Expert reviews from the doctoral supervisor and one other academic qualified to give well-founded comments on the applicant’s qualification, preferably including reviewers not working at the applicant’s institute.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this award, applicants are required to complete the form via the online application portal. A confirmation of receipt will be issued after the application has been submitted.
- Supporting Documents: You may only submit your application once you have uploaded the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae (two pages max)
- Research outline (five pages max)
- Complete list of your publications
- List of selected key publications
- Key publications
- Doctoral certificate or proof that your doctorate has been completed successfully, or confirmation that this will be the case within the next six months
- If required: Acceptance form and publisher’s acknowledgment of receipt and summaries/translations of key publications that are not available in German or English.
- Admission Requirements: You must hold a relevant degree certificate required by the foundation.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have a good knowledge of the language of their host country or at least an excellent command of English.
Postdoctoral candidates may apply for a 6- to 24-month fellowship, and experienced researchers for a 6- to 18-month fellowship that can be split into three stays for three years.
The fellowship amount varies by target country and life situation. To calculate this amount individually, please use our fellowship calculator. Travel expenses are reimbursed in addition.
Additional funding for academics from Germany whose family accompanies them during their research stay abroad. As well as a family allowance for your accompanying marital partner, we also provide a child allowance if your children are staying with you.